Are the anti's this extreme?

This is a discussion on Are the anti's this extreme? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was thinking today after all the recent shootings. You hear about these kids on college campuses that bought a gun and had a squeeky ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the anti's this extreme?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

I was thinking today after all the recent shootings. You hear about these kids on college campuses that bought a gun and had a squeeky clean record. There was no reason not to sell them a gun, and then they go shoot up a school for no apparent reason. I wonder how many of these shootings were done by people who hard core anti's to try and prove a point, to push the cause forward if you will. They know that the Brady Bunch will jump right on it and push for more gun control... what do you guys think? Is it some looney anti making an extreme point, or are these guys really just messed up in the head and really could care less about gun politics?

JD
    Administrator
    This is somewhat of a rehash on this thread, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...s-planned.html but at least there's no mention of mind control this time.

I think they're just that messed up.

I don't subscribe to the "They were good kids" syndrome. Anyone that would commit crimes of that nature have been disturbed for a long time. Most investigations have shown advanced planning on their part and a troubled history. I also don't think the anti's, at least not in general, would try to push anyone over the edge like that. Copy cat is probably more in line with what's happening. They see the others go out "in a blaze of glory" and decide that's the way to commit suicide or make a name for themselves. If the media would report the facts, and not make it headline news for days on end, I believe it would slow down drastically.

Suicide anti-gunner martyrs? I doubt it. I'd be willing to bet each individual has merely snapped, for whatever reason. The Rats In A Cage explanation seems more likely, to me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    They are mentally defective. I would venture they could not care less about gun control or the lack of it...............

Quote Originally Posted by kahrcarrier View Post
    They are mentally defective. I would venture they could not care less about gun control or the lack of it...............
    I say what he said...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Didn't call them martyrs.
    Didn't say you did. But, the "martyr" monicker holds true, if someone's dying to make a point, for a cause. In the end, that's what such a thing ends up being.

I, too, am skeptical about the numbers of deaths. One cannot simply compare, say, deaths by bullet in the USA versus the UK, given how differently such things are defined and tracked. I would hope that all deaths end up becoming part of the statistics used by the CDC/NIH, including suicides. A death certificate needs to be created, and at that point it should become part of the database the stats report. Of course, there's always the lack of reporting, the mistaken cause of death.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Actually---they're fanatical. Fanatics----suicide bombers are fanatics. A dangerous force to be reckoned with---you can't sway a fanatic to any other thinking, they are well defined by their closed-mindedness, and most are willing to die for their cause. To answer the question----yes.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; February 16th, 2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: punctuation

VIP Member
    I don't think they have an"agenda" in mind. The guy was unstable and happen to have a clean record. If ya have a clean record and can go buy a gun legally, that's how you'd do it. There's always going to be people that slip through the cracks. Just like with anything else. One incident of it hitting the National news is not good for us.

JD
    Administrator
    6 deleted posts...

The antis are opportunistic and aggressively pursue their agenda but it is hard for me to see any of the public faces of Gun Control actively plotting murder.

I certainly despise Rosie and Feinstein and Helmke et al but I just don't see them killing anyone, not directly and not through giving orders to do so and not through cut-outs or dupes.

We don't need to make charges of this sort in order for us to present our side of the debate. In fact it only hurts us.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Suicide anti-gunner martyrs? I doubt it. I'd be willing to bet each individual has merely snapped, for whatever reason. The Rats In A Cage explanation seems more likely, to me.
    Agreed
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I do find it interesting, however, that this latest shooter had, as one of his primary interests over the last several years, "social justice".

This would tend to place him in the same general sector of the political spectrum as the antis.

Probably a coincidence as far as the shootings go, but par for the course with regards to sanity, or specifically the absence thereof.

All the people I know who are rabid anti-gun nuts are part of the 'Me' crowd. They consider themselves to be the most important person around. No way one of this type would risk their lives for a cause. You're ascribing loyalty and dedication to a group of people incapable of these characteristics.

Kinda like the 'Bush planned 9/11' folks... You really think the Bush administration could keep something like that a secret? I voted for him, and these people give him far more credit that I do.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Hmmm...a conspiracy...I knew it!! Evil mind controlling government!!
    Just kidding.
    No, i have to agree with the copy cat idea. Its kind of a fad nowadays to be the troubled little outcast of society. It can be tough to be a kid or young adult(I was one not long ago) and the ones who got really depressed used to commit suicide. Now the ultimate "get back at society and my evil parents" thing is to go out in a blaze of gunfire.
    I wish that anyone who wanted to die would just do it. Suicide is a tragedy and hurts everyone that loves you. Everyone is sad that you died. But........
    Being a little terrorist hurts everyone that loves you, plus everyone that you hurt or kill, plus everyone that loves them!!! Instead of putting yourself out of your misery, you put everyone else in misery instead.
    Misery loves company.

The fact that I feel safer in a stop&rob than i do a school really makes me upset.

I used to be against home schooling.......
    -mac

P.S. I don't adocate or condone suicide in any form and believe that on the worst day of you life there is something worth living for. And there is always someone worse off than you.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links