Nebraska assault weapon ban proposed

This is a discussion on Nebraska assault weapon ban proposed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Read on another forum that Nebraska is starting legislation to ban "assault rifles". Here is the news article. I am going to send the following, ...

Thread: Nebraska assault weapon ban proposed

Nebraska assault weapon ban proposed

Read on another forum that Nebraska is starting legislation to ban "assault rifles". Here is the news article.

I am going to send the following, with a few tweeks to personalize it, to all the legislators and places like the tourist bureau and chamber of commerce.

To Whom It May Concern:

I have seen that the Nebraska legislature is considering an assault weapon ban. I consider this to be an infringement of my rights guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States. As an avid hunter I consider Nebraska to be one of the premier hunting areas of the Mid-West. If you pass any such legislation you will lose all of my future hunting dollars that could have gone to your state. I own many firearms, my hunting rifles, shotguns, pistols and other long guns, including some that would fall under your ďassaultĒ weapons description. My hunting trips regularly involve several members in my party and transfer anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000 dollars from each personís account to the businesses of the state we travel to.

Your proposed bill will not make a single citizen of Nebraska safer, but it will cost the businessmen of Nebraska a lot of money. I know a lot of other hunters that will feel the same way I do. They may not be nice enough to warn you before you enact this new legislation though

I think we all owe our fellow gun-owners in Nebraska a helping hand, or pen, as it were. Assault weapons may not be concealed, but once the grabbers get a taste of success nothing is off-limits. If you have ever even thought about going to Nebraska they would probably like to know what the economic impact of such a new law would be.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

2. Remove Ads

As a citizen of Nebraska and owner of several types of firearms which could be banned under this plan I thank you for your concern and encourage others to follow your example and write letters or send emails.

Please keep them civil but point out that you will not support the economy of any state with a law like this directly in violation of your second ammendment rights.

Thank you.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

As a native Nebraskan, I'd vote to have Omaha deeded across the river to Iowa, thus relieving about 99% of the crime.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links