New Orleans Begins GUN CONFISCATIONS of Legally Owned Civilian Weapons

New Orleans Begins GUN CONFISCATIONS of Legally Owned Civilian Weapons

This is a discussion on New Orleans Begins GUN CONFISCATIONS of Legally Owned Civilian Weapons within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms as Water Recedes Ny Times ^ | September 8 | ALEX BERENSON and TIMOTHY WILLIAMS Waters were receding across this ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Begins GUN CONFISCATIONS of Legally Owned Civilian Weapons

Exclamation New Orleans Begins GUN CONFISCATIONS of Legally Owned Civilian Weapons

New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms as Water Recedes
    Ny Times ^ | September 8 | ALEX BERENSON and TIMOTHY WILLIAMS

Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns, or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.

But that order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16's and other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said he was aware of the private guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapons.

Nearly two weeks after the floods began, New Orleans has turned into an armed camp, patrolled by thousands of local, state, and federal law enforcement officers, as well as National Guard troops and active-duty soldiers. While armed looters roamed unchecked last week, the city is now calm. No arrests were made on Wednesday night or this morning, and police received only 10 calls for service, a police spokesman said.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Surprised it took this long for them to start

Administrator

Angry Think About That

The same police that were looting stuff out of Wall~Mart earlier...are now taking guns away from private citizens. That sure makes me feel real good.

Assistant Administrator
    Not sure quite how I feel - but whatever it is it ain't good.

Almost like this could be seen as a ''dry run'' - for ''future operations''. There WILL be some nasty episodes I think - and there will be ''from my cold dead hands'' sad to say.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    What do you expect? It was on the news already that armed people were being more effective than the NO police in curtail crime and defend property. That is a major slap in the collective faces of the Politicos. How dare you be more efficient than us? is what they are saying. They can't have any of that.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Lead Moderator
    I heard that crap on the national news tonight and couldn't believe my ears. Leave folks to defend themselfs for a week, and then "steal" their arms. And they are bringing in outsiders to help them to do it. Sometimes there isn't much to say...........
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    Guess it is time for honest citizens to bug out however they can. I feel sorry for those who had the courage to stay behind and defend what is theirs.

When only the police have guns, it is a Police State.

Dan

Lead Moderator
    gues I need to buy a security hat , so if it happens up here I can claim to be my own private securty force and retain my guns.

VIP Member
    Pure insanity. While women are being raped and other people robbed and beaten, the cops are taking the most effective means of self-defense away from them.

I think we've learned of do's and don'ts from this whole nightmare.

Be prepared and bug out. If you don't, don't be herded like sheep where you'll be sheared like one. Carry concealed and avoid the cops.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Of course they will only wind up disarming the good people while the bad people will hide out and wait.

Something to be said for living in the country. Yes, it is more expensive because the nearest anything is 4 miles one way, but I don't have to worry much about being evacuated or roving bands of morons and thugs either.

-Scott-

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The same police that were looting stuff out of Wall~Mart earlier...:
    As a cop, I was very ticked of about such behavior about other cops, then I got the entire story on it. The film was edited, in at least one instance, to show what looked to be cops pilfering alongside looters. It turns out that there were cops in a Walmart getting some items and were caught on film. What the film doesn't show is that the cops were getting food items because they hadn't eaten in days either and were actually given orders to find food wherever they can find it. That being said I am sure that some officers probably did take part in blatant thievery, and I don't defend or tolerate that.

I am as alarmed as the rest of y'all at the thought of firearms being confiscated, and personally I wouldn't do it.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

I'm with ya Combat. I know a lot of people in my vocation do things that embarass me. Did you know there was a story of a school where the teachers were supposed to distribute questionairres to determine which kids had access to guns at home, what kind, and how many? No way in hell I'd do that. I'd take it and toss it.

Assistant Administrator
    teachers were supposed to distribute questionaires to determine which kids had access to guns
    That sorta thing Euc makes me want to bring out the ''MYOFB'' - approach.

''Mind your own ******* business''.

Like when Medics start askin' - not much different.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    If you look closely you can see the two female cops with clothing and DVD/CD's in their cart. They are looking at shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    What the film doesn't show is that the cops were getting food items because they hadn't eaten in days either and were actually given orders to find food wherever they can find it. That being said I am sure that some officers probably did take part in blatant thievery, and I don't defend or tolerate that.

As a Soldier I'm sworn to support and defend the Constitution. I take that oath very seriously, as do many other Soldiers. I wonder if there is any behind the scenes "discussion" going on between the federal troops, state troops and the local PD.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links