Is it going our way?

Is it going our way?

This is a discussion on Is it going our way? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With the amount of losses the Brady Bunch have accrued over the last 10-15 years, including concealed carry states, AWB, and the presumed largest one ...

View Poll Results: Which direction are the Sheeple's sentiments going on the 2A?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • People are realizing more and more that guns in the hands of responsible citizens are the only way to deter crime.

46 54.76%
  • These mass shootings only prove that more legislation is required to prevent these crimes.

7 8.33%
  • Regardless of what is happening, people's minds are already made up.

31 36.90%

Thread: Is it going our way?

Is it going our way?

With the amount of losses the Brady Bunch have accrued over the last 10-15 years, including concealed carry states, AWB, and the presumed largest one in DC vs Heller; What direction do you guys think the sentiment is headed?

Every day I see a new post about a Pro Gun CNN article, or a Liberal that has converted.

I saw the posts of 'Any plans of stocking up', and 'predictions if the Dem's get in the Whitehouse', and I am starting to wonder if they are warranted.

Barack and Hillary have both retracted statements on Federal Registration, banning guns, and the AWB. Do you think it's only because of an election year, or are things really swinging our way?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I would seem that things are going our way, at least for the time being, but the other side will never give up because "they know what's best for us".

"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation." -- General Douglas MacArthur
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

It appears that more and more 'liberals' are becoming more conservative in their views on SD...
    Usually a robbery or beating will do that to you...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

While politicians aren't speaking out on 2A issues they are still fighting an underhanded battle against it.

SunHerald.com : Blunt: Afraid of Vote on Second Amendment, Majority Pulls Housing Legislation

There are always going to be people in politics who have an extreme view. I'm more interested in the average guy. If a large majority of the average people shift to a Pro 2A stance, the extremists in political positions of power will phase out, I hope.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    There are always going to be people in politics who have an extreme view. I'm more interested in the average guy. If a large majority of the average people shift to a Pro 2A stance, the extremists in political positions of power will phase out, I hope.
    In that case I voted the "people" are becoming more aware. However, I don't think that will change the silent majority. It will help if SCOTUS decides the 2A to be an individual right. Heaven help us if they decide the other way.

It is shifting, but it will be slow, and there will always be anti-self-defense folks that have closed minds and will not change.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I Know that our CCW classes are busy...and I hear more people talk about responsible people carrying guns....
    The Student group wanting on campus carry is actually getting alot of positive press, as they are representing themselves very well...regardless of how the liberal media is trying to spin the story...
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    It is shifting, but it will be slow, and there will always be anti-self-defense folks that have closed minds and will not change.

I kind of think of the slow shift as the last 10 years. This last year and a half or so, it seems to be comparable to the snowball effect. With the DC vs Heller, which I think will go our way, and the publicity of the mass shootings, I think it's building a lot of momentum. I think even the liberal media is realizing that criminals are going to get guns no matter what the gun laws are.

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I think more people are pulling their collective heads out of various orafices and are finally seeing what's happening around them. My son and I have had this conversation. Florida recently held a large gun show in Ft. Myers. ONE dealer sold 625 guns in the two days (personal conversation with the owner)! Assume that dealer was one of four major players and it dominated sales and the other three sold 400 guns each, you have roughly 1825 guns sold at one show, on one weekend in one state. That doesn't begin to look at the the smaller dealers and private sales. Conservative estimates are that 1/3 of those purchases are current gun owners (the actual count may be between 20% - 25%). That's over 1,200 new players in the market. Again, this is from one show, on one weekend in one state. Do the math for other states where gun shows happen every weekend. And people wonder why guns and ammunition continue to increase in price......

Another by-product from increased sales and new gun owners is the increasing lines at CCW schools. Some students are long-time gun owners who have recently seen the light. Most are new gun owners who see the handwriting on the wall and don't want to be a victim. The unfortunate part of increasing the size of the pool is the liklihood of more dumb things being done by irresponsible gun owners. We recently had a post here about a road rage incident in Orlando. That's just one sad example of what happens when a hothead gets into the gunowner pool.
    Last edited by sniper58; March 3rd, 2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links