Coalitions to support common causes

This is a discussion on Coalitions to support common causes within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last summer, I posted to a number of nationwide gun forums about the microstamping legislation that was pending in California. I asked for anyone, including ...

Thread: Coalitions to support common causes

Coalitions to support common causes

Last summer, I posted to a number of nationwide gun forums about the microstamping legislation that was pending in California. I asked for anyone, including those not in CA, to get involved so we could shut this down before it became CA law. I got a huge amount of flak plus snide comments about CA laws (no argument from me on that!) and typically the mentality of "it's not in my backyard so it's not my problem."

Guess what? There is now US legislation introduced (OK, it's Ted Kennedy but he's still a Senator) and numerous states have piggybacked on CA's microstamping law trying to get it in, well, YOUR own backyards. And then they want to microstamp ammo!!!

Please don't misunderstand my intent here. I am in no way pointing fingers at any individuals, especially not those who are actually doing something today to stop ongoing legislative nonsense. What I am doing is making the point that as gun enthusiasts, we can no longer afford to fight separate fights.

We must work together, form coalitions with not only other gun enthusiasts but even those who face similar fights and common enemies. One example is off road vehicle enthusiasts. As public grounds are closed for environmental reasons, it's usually closed to both firearm and off roading activities. But neither group coordinates to defeat the bans. As separate factions, we are far weaker than had we joined forces.

My suggestion is that the regional NRA leaders begin to establish informal relationships with other regional groups who share this legislative burden. As legislation is introduced that affects EITHER group, the leaders of BOTH groups coordinate and get their respective members involved. In a sense, we would loan our numbers (strength) to the other groups, and borrow their numbers to aid our own causes. In many cases, we are already on the same pages, and the legislators who support one cause usually support both.

Suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

We stand together or we fall together.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Links