NRA In New Orleans

NRA In New Orleans

This is a discussion on NRA In New Orleans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 12, No. 37 9/16/05 NRA ON THE GROUND IN LOUISIANA As was reported last week, in the wake of unspeakable crimes ...

Thread: NRA In New Orleans

1952 - 2006

NRA In New Orleans

NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert Vol. 12, No. 37 9/16/05

NRA ON THE GROUND IN LOUISIANA

As was reported last week, in the wake of unspeakable crimes perpetrated by roving, armed gangs and individuals, authorities in New Orleans seized legal firearms from lawful residents, effectively disarming the very citizenry they are sworn to protect.

On Monday, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox slammed New Orleans authorities for this incredible action.

"What we've seen in Louisiana--the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster--is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves, " LaPierre said. "For state, local, or federal government to disarm these good people in their own homes using the threat of imminent deadly force, is unthinkable."

"The NRA will not stand by while guns are confiscated from law-abiding people who're trying to defend themselves," Cox said. "We're exploring every legal option available to protect the rights of lawful people in New Orleans."

To that end, NRA has put professional investigators to work on the ground in New Orleans and surrounding areas. News stories and members' detailed accounts have been followed up on, but we need more information. Some of our best leads have come from rank and file law enforcement, but we need to hear from all directly affected citizens.

If you have personally had a gun confiscated in Louisiana since Hurricane Katrina hit, please call (888) 414-6333. Be prepared to leave only your name and immediate contact information so we can get back to you. Once again, we are seeking contact information from actual victims of gun confiscation in Louisiana only.

For additional information, please visit www.NRAILA.org, or e-mail us at ila-contact@nrahq.org.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - I shall be interested to see final figures on confiscations, cos as time goes on it does seem that the level of confiscation has been over played. On THR we have tried to get together a set of vid's to show all this but - apart from the elderly lady with her revo, we have found it hard to make a major case so far.

One gun confiscated (from a law abiding person) is of course one too many. I think the full story will be a long time in emerging for accurate appraisal, and hope to see some actual and factual info eventually.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Post The N.R.A.

I can see the N.R.A. taking this one all the way up to the S.C.O.T.U.S.
    I sure hope that they do.
    We need a Supreme Court Reaffirmation Ruling on our RKBA.
    Maybe they can actually toughen up the 2ndA and rewrite it so that stupid liberals can actually read it and understand what it means.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

1952 - 2006
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I have never seen anything wrong with it worded as is.

What part of "The People" and "Shall not be infringed", don't they understand?
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    I'm happy to see they are going to do something. I do wonder if this is their first comment on the situation since it was dated 9/16? I guess I'd have liked to see a little faster response.

It will be interesting to see the out come.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Guess Wayne was watching the boards and see his funding starting to dry up.
    Now I want to see the suits.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

What about the two guys outside thier mansion in flexcuffs, as the police confiscate thier firearms in front of a reporter, then release them both? They never show a single firearm, but the interview at the end is interesting, as one states "They were just jealous, 'cause ours were bigger than theirs." I have this video saved....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

VIP Member
    They actually issued a press release about it on the 12th. Here is a link.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/Releases.aspx?ID=6466

-Scott-

Did any one see the NOPD confiscate a firearm from a gang or individual thuggie? The media has been noticeably quiet about this issue in NO. Don't want to rile us up I guess.

Links