Outrageous Bills proposed by the Anti's: And why it's a good thing...

This is a discussion on Outrageous Bills proposed by the Anti's: And why it's a good thing... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have seen this pop up in several states now and was wondering if they would try to pull something like this in Texas...couldn't find ...

Thread: Outrageous Bills proposed by the Anti's: And why it's a good thing...

Outrageous Bills proposed by the Anti's: And why it's a good thing...

I have seen this pop up in several states now and was wondering if they would try to pull something like this in Texas...couldn't find anything, but I did come across this...

Dems introduce microstamping ammo bills. Will Dem Party be accused of gun-grabbing? - Democratic Underground

It's great...a bunch of democrats talking about how stupid microstamping and registration are, and asking if their politicians are trying to sabotage the election...

Some of these guys are as gun-nutty as we are. These guys are seriously upset...some of them are talking about voting republican or staying home...I hope the anti's keep trying to send these bills up.

WooHooo!
    Last edited by Kerbouchard; March 10th, 2008 at 05:08 PM.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    Topic is already running here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ntroduced.html

This thread will remain open, but if it strays even the slightest bit into a general political discussion, it will be closed for good.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Cap'n,
    I don't want to get into politics. What I had found suprised me so much that I wanted to share it here. It seems a lot of democrats hate the idea of the bill as much as we do...and suprisingly, some of them have better arguments against it than we did here.

I am pretty much a one issue voter. If one of the current candidates swears to veto any anti-gun legislation, than that is most likely the candidate I would vote for, be it a Democrat or a Republican.

The point of my post wasn't so much the tool that the anti-gunners are using(in this case serialization and microstamping), but the fact that American's, whatever party they traditionally vote for, are fed up with some of the backdoor legislation.

Even some of the anti's think it's going too far. Not because they don't support it, but because they know it's more of a 'feel good' bill or a bill designed to stimulate an emotional response, and I think they are realizing that the emotional response isn't what they had been going for. The emotional response has been outrage, both on the republican and the democratic side.

I think if they keep this type of stuff up, the NRA will have a lot more democratic members. So, I'm all for it, it won't pass and it's just making people that were middle of the road on the issue take a side...and fortunately, it's our side.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Links