***mn Syg Bill Hearing Coming Up Soon***

This is a discussion on ***mn Syg Bill Hearing Coming Up Soon*** within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you can attend it would sure be great. Here is what I know so far: Hearing this Thursday (March 13). House Public Safety Committee ...

Thread: ***mn Syg Bill Hearing Coming Up Soon***

***mn Syg Bill Hearing Coming Up Soon***

If you can attend it would sure be great. Here is what I know so far:

Hearing this Thursday (March 13).

House Public Safety Committee
    Probably 12:30 pm
    Probably Room 10 in State Office Building
    Six-story Granite Building SW of the Capitol in St. Paul.

Bill is HF 498 by Rep. Cornish.
    https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/...l&session=ls85

Committee members telephone numbers and e-mail.
    Committee Members - Minnesota House of Representatives
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I'll try to get down there....definately sounds interesting.

I take it my gun stays in the car?
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

If you have not notified the Commish. of Public Safety

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    I'll try to get down there....definately sounds interesting.

I take it my gun stays in the car?
    In writing that you intend to carry at the capital you cannot carry there. If you have please Carry concealed. This is not the time or place for an Open Carry display.

P.S. - If you can make it I will be the guy with the black and gold NRA hat. Also sporting a grey beard. Please introduce yourself if you do come.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Senior Moderator
    Moved to Second Admendment News and discussion
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I am confused, what is changing here. Are they adding no duty to retreat or stand your ground?

Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
    I am confused, what is changing here. Are they adding no duty to retreat or stand your ground?
    It extends the rights available to a person in his home to his vehicle and outside the home.

Well I am back from the Castle Doctrine committee hearing and my mind is in a shambles. Where do I begin? First the hearing started about 40 minutes late. There are way too many people in expensive suites sitting in high-back leather chairs in our government if you ask me. No wonder we have to have special sessions, they can’t start a meeting on time. Ironically one of the bills that passed was, “Creating a gross misdemeanor for assaulting a utility employee or contractor”. I wanted to shout “Just tell them to run away like the rest of us have to”. The story on this was that utility workers are being attacked at night while on the job. Kind of like pizza delivery guys but there was no bill to protect them.

Finally we moved to a smaller room because they ran out of time but they did move our bill to the front of the line. I got to the new room early so I got one of the few seats but I was surrounded by angry people with tee shirts that said something about “citypeace.org”. Tony and David Gross were first and gave a concise account of what the bill was about. Now the zoo was about to begin. I didn’t get everyone’s name and organization but there was some lawyer representing state prosecutors who said this would make it impossible for them to put bad people in jail. If that were true he is not much of a lawyer if you ask me. Then we had our old friend Scott Knight from the Chaska police department. That guy has more gold stars than General Dwight Eisenhower. He must think a lot of himself and is very impressed with how he looked in uniform. When he was through LYING to the crowed he pointed to some other officer who came up. He was a Lt. from Minneapolis and he told us about how they took 700 illegal guns off the street last year. I looked over at a guy from the NRA and mouthed, WHAT THE HELL HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING? They were followed or preceded; I can’t remember which, by the head of the Minnesota Peace and Police Officer’s Association. I remember him from when we tried to pass the MPPA and all the lies he told then. Finally they had some angry woman that played the race card, actually said it was “for the children”, and ran over about 5 minutes when she said she would be done in under a minute. The DFL didn’t seem to care can you believe.

Finally they decided to give Tony and David a little more time and the head guy joked, “after all he had a gun”. Some woman in front of me started hopping up and down in her seat asking everyone around her, “Does he have a gun? Why does he have a gun? Can he have a gun?”. I so wanted to tell her to shut up and sit down because I and most of the people around her have guns, but I kept my mouth shut. Finally some Dems. had questions for Tony and David. They rambled on for several minutes saying while they appreciated his efforts they would not vote for the bill. THEY DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS THAT I RECALL. They just wanted to hear themselves talk I guess.

As expected with the Dems. In charge, it failed and I am worn out for this mind numbing stupidity.

Links