the insanity has started

This is a discussion on the insanity has started within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; in the last week ive heard of someone being arrested for writing a fictional story another person being arrested for a weapon malfunction and police ...

Thread: the insanity has started

the insanity has started

in the last week ive heard of someone being arrested for writing a fictional story another person being arrested for a weapon malfunction and police going door to door searching houses with no probable cause is it just me being paranoid or is the government openly letting everyone know the 2a as well as any other right you might have had is gone?

2. Remove Ads

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you.
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

AMH
    Do you have credible sources documenting what you are referring to?

And yes you are right; the government does trample on our rights. It is however nothing new. Our forefathers warned us of this more than 200 years ago. It has been happening since the beginning of time. The U.S. is not immune to it.

We must stay vigilant.
    See my sig.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

everything i mentioned has been all over the news and the internet from dozens of different sources actually there have been several posts on here about them

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerbur6 View Post
    in the last week ive heard of someone being arrested for writing a fictional story another person being arrested for a weapon malfunction and police going door to door searching houses with no probable cause is it just me being paranoid or is the government openly letting everyone know the 2a as well as any other right you might have had is gone?
    The only one that rings a bell is the fictional story incident. But if I recall correctly, this fictional story was about killing his professor. If I was his professor, I would have turned him in too. Plus this guy had guns in his car on the school campus which is against their rules. They had every right to expel this guy, he doesn't sound like the brightest (or most stable guy) out there.

The other stories I have no clue what you're talking about...

Heard one in upstate Maine this week, kid wrote a song referring to Columbine and also refered to his school. He was just convicted for crimial threatening or terrorizing or some such.
    Wish I rememberd the details, but I just shook my head.

the other ones are about the vet in wisconsin that is facing felony charges over a weapon malfunction and the searches of houses in d.c. for drugs and guns and as far as the college student in va from what i heard he was in a creative writing class and wrote a fictional story under logic like that stephen king should have been in jail years ago countless numbers have lost thier lives in his novels

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    And yes you are right; the government does trample on our rights.
    Here we go again. Can you describe exactly what rights have been 'trampled?' Can you provide an example of an innocent person whose rights have been 'trampled?' Can you even provide us an anectodal story of how you are personally affected by the government 'trampling' your rights?

It is a crime to threaten someone. The guise of fiction is no defense.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The searches are all voluntary, so no rights are being trampled there. Three cities (at least---Boston, Oakland, and now D.C.) have done this, and I haven't seen any reports that said cities are using any sort of pressure to make people submit to searches. I think it is sad that parents are forgoing their parental responsibility and asking the cops to take it up for them, but that's not unconstitutional.

The Iraq vet getting expelled for his story is nothing new, though it is still execrable. There may be more to that story yet; I don't know. The part of it that bothers me is the reference to involuntary commitment in the news coverage.

The malfunction story is the guy getting prosecuted by BATFE for possession of an illegal machine gun because his weapon broke and fired three shots at once. This is an old story with the legal actions still going on. It is a fairly worrisome example of bureaucratic abuse unless there is something much more to the story than has been made it online yet.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

welcome from s.e. michigan.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum! Yes, we need to be very vigilant about our rights as they are always under attack. Just a friendly suggestion for posting - please use punctuation. It makes your information much easier to read. Having said that, there is usually more to the story than what you read. News is a packaged product, not much different from the cereal you buy (or any other packaged product for that matter). You are being told what an editor wants you to hear - nothing more, nothing less. This is an election year and anything and everything that can cast a disparaging light on firearms, firearms owners and firearm-related issues will make big front page stories. Facts, if the ever come out, will be buried in Section D, second-to-last page and will usually be less than one column inch. That's just the way it is.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Started? Started before I bought my first gun. Took awhile for us to get here and it will take a lot of backtracking to get back to sanity.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    The searches are all voluntary, so no rights are being trampled there. Three cities (at least---Boston, Oakland, and now D.C.) have done this, and I haven't seen any reports that said cities are using any sort of pressure to make people submit to searches. I think it is sad that parents are forgoing their parental responsibility and asking the cops to take it up for them, but that's not unconstitutional.
    After the search do the police provide the residents with a sign for their door.

Attached Images
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Links