Hunters For Gun Control? - Page 3

Hunters For Gun Control?

This is a discussion on Hunters For Gun Control? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Miggy - that's a pretty sorry list you have there ... reads like the "who's who" of the anti-gun world. I'm glad you dug it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunters For Gun Control?

Miggy - that's a pretty sorry list you have there ... reads like the "who's who" of the anti-gun world. I'm glad you dug it up for us but geeze it is hard on the eyes seeing all those names and orgs in one small space.

Personally, I find it interesting that they have to play these games, that they have to tell lies and make fake organizations to give them fake endoresements. It seems so unnecessary.

We all know who these old shotgunners are who will clap in approval when your scary looking rifle is confiscated - cuz they know damn well those things are a menace and nobody would ever come after their Weatherby Athena, right? No suprise that FUDDs exist but I always figure they are so in the pocket of the dems they don't need a lie from the AHSA to vote for Obama or Hilllary - They will vote for Obama or Hillary because of FDR and because their union told them to.

If I deer hunt this year, I'll probably use the same DPMS .308 I use for hogs:

There's no functional difference in the .308 round fired by this rifle than the one fired by the traditionalists' Winchester Model 70. I suppose they don't like compound bows or in-line blackpowder rifles either. If they're so traditional, why aren't they hunting with flintlocks?

The board of directors of the AHSA is a group that would make the Brady organization proud.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Charlie is not in the woods guys...They (and I) just see hunting and self defense as two different realms. Never the twain shall meet. I'd really not like to offend them if possible. Our numbers are probably fewer if push came to shove. The last thing we need is fellow gun owners as enemies.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    A good scoped 270. would be far more accurate as well as help bring these people back on our side. Just my .02

What is the difference between me using a FAL with a 5 round mag or a Remington 750?

Both are semi automatic, both have 5 round capicity and both have hi-cap mags avaible for them.

Hunters should realize it is all guns that are in trouble, because they are all evil looking to someone.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    What is the difference between me using a FAL with a 5 round mag or a Remington 750?

Both are semi automatic, both have 5 round capicity and both have hi-cap mags avaible for them.

Hunters should realize it is all guns that are in trouble, because they are all evil looking to someone.

The difference is as I stated earlier, that your gun was not designed for deer hunting and therefor it looks out of place in the woods. A four wheel drive truck and a corvette both have 4 tires and a V-8 engine but they were designed for different purposes. Both have their merits. But a corvette hitting trails is absurd as well as a truck on a road course. The last sentence of your post I whole-heartedly agree with.

NRA member

Charlie is not in the woods guys...They (and I) just see hunting and self defense as two different realms. ........
    Unfortunately, that's the same logic the anits will use in arguing that those awful black rifles are only good for killing other human beings and since it's highly unlikely that we'll be fighting a war on our own soil, there is no need for civilians to own these types of weapons. What we need to do is show that these types of firearms serve more than one purpose. While I won't use a 223 for deer hunting and I don't own one in 308, I darn sure am going to use mine for varmint hunting. Proving the versatility of these firearms is the only way we're going to keep them from taking them away from us. If the majority of the black rifle owners didn't feel the same as me, Zumbo wouldn't have taken so much flak for his comments.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Unfortunately, that's the same logic the anits will use in arguing that those awful black rifles are only good for killing other human beings and since it's highly unlikely that we'll be fighting a war on our own soil, there is no need for civilians to own these types of weapons. What we need to do is show that these types of firearms serve more than one purpose. While I won't use a 223 for deer hunting and I don't own one in 308, I darn sure am going to use mine for varmint hunting. Proving the versatility of these firearms is the only way we're going to keep them from taking them away from us. If the majority of the black rifle owners didn't feel the same as me, Zumbo wouldn't have taken so much flak for his comments.

Hoss

This is the best argument yet...In fact, it's so damned good that I have no rebuttel. Some people are slow to change...especially where a handed down tradition is concerned. Guilty as charged. Some of them will never be swayed...some may with time. Perhaps one day I'll be able to walk down the trail, look up and see a guy with a Masada and not chuckle. I hope so. Thanks for helping me to see the other side guys and I hope you're able look over the fence a little as well. Could you at least put a guillie sock on it? Thanking you in advance...Fast Cloud.

NRA member

Great...Be sure to clean it with your Ka-bar 1271 Black fighter while you're at it.
    Good idea, I'll have to pick one up. Funny part is, my DPMS is probably more accurate than some "traditional" hunting rifles and would allow for a more ethical shot.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

.......Thanks for helping me to see the other side guys and I hope you're able look over the fence a little as well. ........
    One more convert!! It's a good day

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Perhaps I've discovered a niche..."Fast Clouds Assault Rifle Guillie Socks" Comes complete with 30 round mag netting with copius moss and burlap. Act now and you'll also recieve the free red dot scope sock just for trying my product. (bayonet sock available for a nominal charge) The perfect stocking stuffer for Christmas. 10% discount for forum members. These won't last long folks, so order now 1-888-fst-clwd. Must be 18 or older.

Seriously though, you should have seen my face the first time I saw that Benelli pistol gripped turkey gun. The only thing that kept me from rolling off the couch was that is was sporting a RealTree paint job from the factory. But now they're everywhere so...who knows?

NRA member

It's funny how traditions change with the generations. My Dad owned two guns -- an Iver Johnson single shot 410 and a Winchester semi-auto 22. When he started taking me rabbit hunting, I got to carry the 410 while Dad went empty-handed. He got about as many rabbits with his hands as I got with the 410. He could look at the grass and know where a rabbit was hiding. He'd walk up slowly and stop his foot down, reach under his boot with his hand and pull up a rabbit. As time progressed, I moved to my Uncles double barrel 12 ga., then my own 16 ga. pump and now hunt with semi-autos. My Son started out with a 20 ga. pump and eventually snarfed my Super X Model 1. Bought him a model 70 243 Winchester to deer hunt with and I'll always be grateful that I was in the field with him when he got his first deer. Times change and so does the equipment we use, but the memories we make in the field with our Dads, our Kids and our Grand Kids are all good. Doesn't matter what you're carrying, it's the time together that counts.

Sorry for sounding a little mushy but some of my best memories come from hunting.

Hoss

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Doesn't matter what you're carrying, it's the time together that counts.

Sorry for sounding a little mushy but some of my best memories come from hunting.

Hoss
    No doubt...My grandfather had a pack of beagles and a double barreled Stevens 20 gauge. I often wondered how the rabbits kept up their population...but then they're rabbits arn't they?
    If I close my eyes I can still here those dogs bugeling. Where have all the rabbit hunters gone? Down here now it's all deer, turkey,doves and ducks. (hardly any quail left that arn't pen raised)

NRA member

These guys are just bad news. Thanks for the homework. I found the washingtonpost article first and knew y'all would have something on it.
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

I love their idea about banning "cop killer bullets". Don't they know that almost every decent hunting caliber from the lowly .223 on up will probably punch right thru any standard "bullet proof vest" police wear. These people have to have their collective heads in the ground, or some place else, if they don't realize the anti-gun people want to ban ALL guns. Maybe they should ask the hunters in Great Britain and Australia about that.

I've been a hunter and shooter for more than 50 years. I have no idea what these people are thinking, but they are an embarrassment to those of us who hunt and respect the rights of others.

Must be darn hard to hunt with your head up you a..!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links