Hunters For Gun Control?

This is a discussion on Hunters For Gun Control? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I deer hunt with either a Ruger mini 30,a AR15 in 7.62x39,or a AR10 .308...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hunters For Gun Control?

I deer hunt with either a Ruger mini 30,a AR15 in 7.62x39,or a AR10 .308

2. Remove Ads

I hunt pheasants and sometimes quail (when we are lucky enough to find some) with a 16ga. Model 12 Winchester shotgun built in 1915. One reason I use it is for nostalgia and the other…..well if you’ve ever handled one you’d know the reason. It is about as smooth and well balanced as any field gun I’ve ever used.

I hunt coyotes with an AR15 (most of the time). If I need more range I might go to a bolt gun in a larger caliber but for the most it’s the AR. Why, certainly not nostalgia, but if you are calling coyotes and they might show up at any distance from 15 feet to 200 yards, a quick handling rifle with the ability for instantaneous follow up shots makes a hell of a lot of sense and is perhaps more ethical than the alternative.

Theres nothing wrong with using modern weapons for sporting purposes. Check out the new Remington R15.

Additionally, I’ll put my AR up against most hunters bolt actions in the 200 yard range. Some ARs are extremely accurate. I wish I could afford the 308 version.

As to the so called pro gun law shooters. These guys are no better than the average anti.

They don't understand that the Second Amendment has nothing at all to do with hunting ducks and everything to do with freedom!
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    The more gun owners working together the better, and less ammunition given to the Brady bunch has to be a good thing. These arn't people who are beyond redemption...only people with a different love of guns than our own.
    They ARE the Brady Bunch. Sheeple in wolves clothing
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I guess it's time to upgrade my membership in the N.R.A. a notch and give more money.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    One word: "Zumbo".

'Nuff said.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    My father was one of those people who held tight to his bolt action .30-06 and everything else (except a side-by-side or pump shotgun) was evil and had no place in civilians' hands. He didn't look at the bigger picture that the anti's are trying (and in some cases succeeding) to divide and conquer.

That organization IS a front for the anti's. The sad part is, the old-time traditionalists will keep supporting anti's until their favorite rifle is on the radar. Then, and only then will there by loud screaming and kicking.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

A pro-guncontrol group wants me as a lifelong hunter to join them? What are they smoking?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Ever hear of a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing?

The risk as I see it with groups like these is the proliferation of the thought that the 2A is tied to "traditions of gun ownership" handed down through the generations and is excercised lawfully by "sportsmen". Sorry, that is a narrow, dogmatic, and incorrect interpretation (i.e Obama's view). They endorse him by the way..say that he "gets it". I read a few pages off their site and I see "hunting" and "sportsmen" mentioned all over....a marginal passing comment on protecting your family and home. (yeah and the cop killer bullet comment!!? ) These guys aren't any more Pro 2A than Hillary or Obama are....

That must be the hunt club that Obama belongs to LOL

The liberals can make groups too!!!! Steve48

Quote Originally Posted by TnRebel View Post
    That must be the hunt club that Obama belongs to LOL
    You don't know how close you are. Take a look at the link below.

The Raw Story | 'Hunters & Shooters' endorse Obama, group says he supports gun rights
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Awhile back, I remember reading about this group as being a possible "plant group" being funded by some of the liberal gun ban groups secretly.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Not an off-shoot, it's the same group of anti-gun slimeballs. If they're an off-shoot of anything, it's the Brady Bunch.
    The covert op's division. At least we know the what Brady Bunch's agenda is. These others are foul and deceitful, presenting an intentionally fraudulent face to undermine real pro 2A groups and draw resources away from them. How many millions do you think they have managed to bleed from unsuspecting pro 2A people thinking that they were making a positive contribution to preserve The Constitution. So the damage is two fold not only do they take money to stab the contributors in the back with. They also diminish pro 2A resources by taking money intended to protect our civil liberties not abolish them..
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Honestly I don't think the animals really care what type of gun you use, whether its a full blown "tacticool" semi-automatic military style rifle, or a traditional hunting rifle. They're going to wind up dead either way. The common hunting rifle cartridges are far more powerful than the .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 rounds, so I don't understand where they get "cop killer" bullets from.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links