Question; regarding Federal Parks

This is a discussion on Question; regarding Federal Parks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have an update on the Federal Parks firearms carry issue? We are headed to Las Vegas in the fall, and while there we’re ...

Thread: Question; regarding Federal Parks

Question; regarding Federal Parks

Does anyone have an update on the Federal Parks firearms carry issue?

We are headed to Las Vegas in the fall, and while there we’re going over to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days.

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    Not yet, and I wouldn't hold my breath, either.

First, the new regs have to be written, which involves many drafts. Then they have to be made available for a public comment period, usually at least 60 days. Then they have to be finalized and published in the Federal Register.

Long way to go yet...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Not yet, and I wouldn't hold my breath, either.

First, the new regs have to be written, which involves many drafts. Then they have to be made available for a public comment period, usually at least 60 days. Then they have to be finalized and published in the Federal Register.

Long way to go yet...
    ...and with no real idea of what they will look like when all is said and done. We might still end up with something that is written in so restrictive a manner that it looks like it gives something on the surface, but, upon deeper parsing, still leaves us with no real improvement.

Thanks for the info, and I was afraid of that.

While I understand governmental time frame, I don’t understand why it’s going to take the National Parks manager so long, to either approve or deny the request of all most every Senator.

I know the State of Florida FWC (Fish and Wildlife Commission) approved CCL carry in all State and FWC managed property. (This includes some Federal property they manage) And all it took is for Commissioners to vote on it and send it up to the Governor for approval. From the time it was talked about with staff and advisors to the change in law being passed was less than six months.

In this Federal case, all we want to do is for the National Park Service to allow their hosting states CCL laws to apply on the parks property.

Well, it looks like the battle is not over, and I’ll have to get back on the phone with our Senators.

Thanks again,

The request for public comment will be out end of April, along with the proposed changes. That will be when we will all need to send letters ... it's a public process after all. The RFC is typically a 60 day window, after which they will implement the changes.

If you're traveling in the fall? I would say you have a 50/50 chance at this point. You can rest assured that there will be lots of updates here when anything breaks.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Thanks Black PR for the update.

This raises a question in my mind. If SCOTUS rules in Heller that 2A is an individual right, is the ban in federal facilities a "reasonable restriction"? If they rule that the right to "keep" and "bear" are actually two distinctly separate rights and are both protected individual rights, then that should resolve the issue with the parks right there!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    This raises a question in my mind. If SCOTUS rules in Heller that 2A is an individual right, is the ban in federal facilities a "reasonable restriction"? If they rule that the right to "keep" and "bear" are actually two distinctly separate rights and are both protected individual rights, then that should resolve the issue with the parks right there!
    That's a good point... To quote Roberts, "What is reasonable about a total ban?"
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

You have a good point there.

And it would also, open up conceal carry to all fifty states, and US territories.

Now wouldn’t New York and California just love that.

1943 - 2009
    This is the latest AP story, dated 4 April. This is shaping up to be a hard fought battle. I wish I could say I was optimistic about a favorable outcome for gun owners...

News from The Associated Press

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Public comment should begin aroun the end of April according to the Director of Interior Departmart.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links