Toledo Blade Editoral

This is a discussion on Toledo Blade Editoral within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sure would like to tear this guys arguments apart. The Toledo Blade has got to be one of the most liberal papers in the ...

Thread: Toledo Blade Editoral

Toledo Blade Editoral

I sure would like to tear this guys arguments apart. The Toledo Blade has got to be one of the most liberal papers in the country. No wonder Toledo is going downhill so fast. Lots of people moving out of town.

Reminds me of that quote I saw somewhere, "Where are we going, and what are we doing in this basket?"

Bob

LINK: toledoblade.com -- Maintain gun laws
    Last edited by Bob66; March 27th, 2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Grammer

2. Remove Ads

A quote from the article:

"Moreover, while many people in the early days of the nation did carry weapons, they were single-shot muskets and not the rapid-fire Glock 9s or AK-47s that are the firearms of choice of modern-day criminals."

What the heck is a "Glock 9" and where can I get one?
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Slightly off-topic, but...

I just don't understand all of this debate over the second amendment. It's clear as flippin' day:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The militia part is optional - and seriously, you can't have a militia if the people can't bear arms, now can you?

Our supreme court should have better things to do, in my humble opinion. I'm pretty sure we have a good idea which way this case is going though.

That editorial is another example of uneducated, knee-jerk reaction anti-gun media. The phrase "Moreover, while many people in the early days of the nation did carry weapons, they were single-shot muskets and not the rapid-fire Glock 9s or AK-47s that are the firearms of choice of modern-day criminals." really stuck out to me - since there's no such thing as a "Glock9", and I can only come up with two public shootings in which an AK47 was used.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Consider the liberal source...'idiots' with a lot of ink!

However, I would like to buy one of them new Glock 9's...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oh my gosh,does that mean I'm a criminal?I have a glock g-19,9mm and I have a sks.Ted kennedy has killed more people with his car than I have with either of these guns.sj

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Ted kennedy has killed more people with his car than I have with either of these guns.sj
    +1
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Bob66
    Is it any wonder that Ohio tried to give Toledo back to Michigan many years ago. Unfortunately Michigan was smart enough to turn down the offer.
    John -
    "The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Hi Johnisaly,

I live in Wood Co. and most of the businesses in Lucas Co. (Toledo) have moved into Wood Co. You can guess that Carty (the joke of a mayor in Toledo) is upset about that. We even took the new Bass Pro away from Toledo. He is a big time Democrat that thinks all money problems can be solved by just raising taxes for more revenue.

Bob

Links