Go Chet

Go Chet

This is a discussion on Go Chet within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you remember the problem where Norfolk Va, in violation of State law, passes an illegal ordinance banning guns at some events? Well now for ...

Thread: Go Chet

VIP Member

Thumbs up Go Chet

Do you remember the problem where Norfolk Va, in violation of State law, passes an illegal ordinance banning guns at some events?

Well now for the next chapter.

Chet and his wife are suing Norfolk for a combined $350,000 in federal court over Chet being falsely arrested and his wife being assaulted by a police officer last year. Norfolk had passed a preempted firearm ordinance and then attempted to actually enforce that illegal ordinance.

See:
    Szymecki v. The City of Norfolk
    Szymecki v. The City of Norfolk - 2:2008cv00142 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets

Szymecki v. Houch
    Szymecki v. Houch - 2:2008cv00143 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets

I hope the final chapter of this affair will be a big headache for the City.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I had known Chet years back, probably 8-9 years since I have seen him.

He's one of the nicest SlOB's out there. And I have utmost faith that he will kick some tail.
    Last edited by pgrass101; March 31st, 2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: un-swearing

I hope Chet and his wife teach the Norfolk city government a serious financial lesson...it may be the only thing that gets the attention of these overpaid, underworked politicians.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links