Rant mode ON
Here we go again. Take a look at Empty desks symbolize lives lost to gun violence - CNN.com
I hate when people insult my intelligence.
1. Lady in the pic with the "common sense" banner - You can have ALL the laws in the world. Criminal do not give a banana about them.
2. "busloads of teens skipped classes to attend a gun-control rally -- their absences sanctioned by the district," - If I want to rally for my 2A rights (why should I if it it's a right) I have to take a personal/vacation day.
3. "Among the gun-control measures rally participants demanded were a limit of one gun purchase a month" - Criminal do not give a banana about it either.
4. "renewal of the federal assault weapon ban" - students are dying because of handguns, not ar15s, AKs, SKS or anything similar
5. National Rifle Association lobbyist Todd Vandermyde said Chicago "has some of the strictest gun control in the nation ... They said this was going to solve the crime problem, and their panacea hasn't done anything but disarmed law-abiding citizens," - perfect remarks. No law can solve this problem.
6. Several students at the rally expressed worries that no amount of gun control would keep gang members from acquiring guns. "They'll always find a way" said Tiara Irby, 17 - excellent and objective comment from this young lady.
Rant mode OFF