HB 1845 Passed the PA House of Reps

HB 1845 Passed the PA House of Reps

This is a discussion on HB 1845 Passed the PA House of Reps within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Supporters Rally in State Capitol|abc27 News (Note: They actually got me on film walking around behind Alan Keyes being interviewed There were so many ...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Thumbs up HB 1845 Passed the PA House of Reps

Gun Supporters Rally in State Capitol|abc27 News (Note: They actually got me on film walking around behind Alan Keyes being interviewed There were so many cameras there I didn't know which was doing what. I'm the guy with the black sweater and white collar with a name tag on.)

So myself and a few other members from the PA firearms owners association went to this rally in Harrisburg today. I got to meet Alan Keyes who was a guest speaker today and various state reps and senators. After the speeches from various people we walked around the capital with to meet with various reps and senators. One representative from Philly got rather snippy and pretty nasty with a group of gun supporters going around to meet with various reps. She needs to remember she works for us, not the other way around.

We had lunch and then made our way around again. I got to meet with my state rep, and had a good chat with him for about 20 minutes about various gun laws in the state and he told me about the possibility of the Castle Doctrine being a reality in PA

Afterwards we headed over to the House of Representatives and watched them vote on various bills... stupid stuff like making May national foster child month... after all the fluff they got down to business and began discussing H.B. 1845. After a few Dems gave their boo hoo me speeches it was voted on and passed

The bill includes:
    - Felony charges to anyone carrying a gun with an altered serial number. Upgraded from a misdemeanor. The Dems had to swallow this one hard
    - Allowing CC in PA state parks.
    - The "Katrina Act". Guns cannot be confiscated illegally in a state of emergency.
    - Expedition of CCL's for persons who have a restraining/protection order from someone who has threatened his or her life.

It's off to the Senate and on to the Governor. We think it'll pass because of the simple fact that this bill does have an anti-gun amendment attached to it... the Dems don't want that on their record. It was overwhelmingly voted on. There were 0 Ney votes.

Here is a photo of the few of us that attended today. I'm in the black sweater 3rd from the left. The infamous Greg Rotz (the guy who had his CCL revoked for OCing in a polling place) is on the end in the blue.

Good deal, thanks for fighting for weapons rights in PA, since I'm kind of tied up at the moment in Iraq haha.
    3/320th Field Artillery
    3rd brigade RAKKASANS
    101st AIRBORNE

Great job, and thank you for standing up for the gun rights in PA.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

A co-worker and I had planned to walk down to the rally but unfortunately an emergency at work kept us restrained.

If anyone is interested you can watch the Rally and Alan Keyes speak here.

District 012 : Home

I really appreciate you and others doing this. I do lots of emailing and calling, but it's not face to face. My kids are so young at this point that is about all I can do. I came from IL about a year and a half ago, and have been REALLY enjoying my...er, um, rights....almost said privileges! (you know, that IL mentality dies hard)

Sorry the chick from Philly was snippy. Seems like many of them around here are. Guess that means I've got more work to do!

Again, thanks. Oh, and also you guys all look great.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Great job Pro2A...PA is lucky to have guys like you willing to spend so much of your time standing up to the antis. Pat yourself on the back...you deserve it.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    I really appreciate you and others doing this. I do lots of emailing and calling, but it's not face to face. My kids are so young at this point that is about all I can do. I came from IL about a year and a half ago, and have been REALLY enjoying my...er, um, rights....almost said privileges! (you know, that IL mentality dies hard)

Sorry the chick from Philly was snippy. Seems like many of them around here are. Guess that means I've got more work to do!

Again, thanks. Oh, and also you guys all look great.
    All of the anti's talked to us. They were all professional, kind and listened to our concerns... except for Babette Josephs. She is the one that pitched the fit about raffling off a free gun in the capital. We met with Curtis Thomas. He seemed rather annoyed at first but was willing to talk to us and was polite towards the end. I heard others met with Cruz and he was nice as well. But still talked about the same anti-gun garbage that the other anti's did. We met with a lot of the pro-gunners too. Obviously they were nice to talk to. We thanked them all for supporting our rights. It was a very educational experience.

Question:
    Why would the Dems of PA or for that matter anyone, have an issue with item #1?

That should be a felony from the get go.
    Amazing that it's just a misdemeanor.
    What was there reasoning/argument to I assume keep things same?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Well, Pro2A, I'll email and thank her for the 'Yay' vote. Hopefully it will mean something to her, my being a woman. While I'm not in her district, I'm not far away either. If I can, I'll email the others too.

I really do appreciate you and some of the others doing the 'legwork' for those of us who cannot.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Question:
    Why would the Dems of PA or for that matter anyone, have an issue with item #1?

That should be a felony from the get go.
    Amazing that it's just a misdemeanor.
    What was there reasoning/argument to I assume keep things same?

- Janq
    It's not that they have an issue with it... they had to choke down the other 3 amendments because of this one. This is what the bill was, it was an anti-crime measure. They don't want to look bad voting against an anti-crime bill. Its just that the other 3 pro-gun amendments tagged along with it.

Ohhh...got ya.
    The statement toward choking read like it was part of the sentence above in regard to the felony item.

Well hey congratulations on very good and citizen useful work. :)

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Links