These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED) - Page 2

These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED)

This is a discussion on These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is there any way we could give Philly to New Jersey? It could be a gift from the kind neighbors next door. I know I'm ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED)

kpw
    Is there any way we could give Philly to New Jersey? It could be a gift from the kind neighbors next door.

I know I'm gonna hear it from the New Jerseyites...or...New Jerseyans?

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Idiots abound... now Philly police officers are going to waste their time in an effort to enforce this soon-to-be defunct law. It is worse then doing nothing...

On a positive note, I drove through PA the other day on I-80 and was happy to remember how pretty the countryside is. Those semi trailers drive at 80 mph though! Scary!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Here's an idea.....we punish law-abiding citizens, pass arbitrary laws to restrict Constitutionally guaranteed rights and say it will help overall crime. Oh, wait, we already have that with buffoons in Philly and New Orleans and Chicago. Idiots - the lot of them.

It's up to the to vote them out of office and I am not holding my breath!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I just wish the Governor would send out the National Guard and State Police and make several arrests for the city violating the state laws. Have film crews and make a grand statement for TV. They should be placed under arrest, fingerprinted and put behind bars. Make them go through the whole bail thing and all the expense and discomfort that goes with the arrest process.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Administrator
    "I just wish the Governor would send out the National Guard and State Police and make several arrests for the city violating the state laws."

That will never happen. He is not quite as huge of an idiot but, he's close.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    In PA and behind closed doors the Philadelphia city council are thought of as being a laughable joke.
    It would be funny, except that bans that restrict upstanding citizens from defending themselves results in getting good people killed. All because some P.C. nannies choose to arrogantly ignore the People's rights and the statewide "hands-off" preemption requirement. "Criminal" is the right word for it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia - Philadelphia Defies Harrisburg Over Gun Control Legislation for City

Calling the actions "historic," Mayor Nutter signed the measures and ordered immediate enforcement.

"Enough is enough. We've had enough, we've stood for enough. And today we're taking direct action to make this city safe."

Nutter then directed police commissioner Charles Ramsey to begin enforcing the measures.

(Background story)

KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia - City Moves Ahead With Gun Laws, Despite Harrisburg

Maybe the Mayor needs an AD?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Maybe the Mayor needs an AD?
    His mouth already has

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

what is it with these big cities. They are the black holes of crime and disease in our country and they keep fracking (battlestar galactica) think that laws will solve it. Are they in 1st grade??? Laws deter GOOD people and punish bad people, but bad people NEVER think they will be caught....so only the GOOD people are injured.

I'm not talking white flight, now in this decade it's the social economical flight. I can't understand why anyone who is able to leave these pit's of crime would stay in these communistic cities.

I'm not trying to offend any city folk, I'm in the burb's half way in between the black holes of Cleveland and Akron (armed robberies are going up and cops are doing about it), but my goodness, it's scary how stupid these cities are.

More laws don't work. Instead of padding your pockets DOUBLE the police force. If you don't more business will leave your area.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Just more of the mentality of punish the innocent and protect the guilty. Taking away a citizens rights's somehow magically prevents crime.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    got a quote from State Senate Lawyer:

metro

The attorney for the state Senate Republican majority said Harrisburg lawmakers will take a wait-and-see approach to five laws unanimously approved by City Council Thursday and signed by Mayor Michael Nutter that increase regulations on gun owners within city limits.

“We don’t need to rush to court on this,” state Senate counsel Stephen MacNett said. “I’m going to assume the first person they charge with a violation that has competent counsel will raise the litigation and the ordinances aren’t going to have much effect.”
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    “We don’t need to rush to court on this,” state Senate counsel Stephen MacNett said. “I’m going to assume the first person they charge with a violation that has competent counsel will raise the litigation and the ordinances aren’t going to have much effect.”
    Why does it need to come out of a citizens pocket? Why can't they just fix their stupid laws without resorting to the infamous 'test case'? And to say that it is the responsibility of the citizen to provide the test case is ludicrous.

Don't make us pay for YOUR screw ups.

This reminds me of Captain Crunch's sig line.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Is there any way we could give Philly to New Jersey? It could be a gift from the kind neighbors next door.

I know I'm gonna hear it from the New Jerseyites...or...New Jerseyans?

Please...things are bad enough here in the PRNJ

We are hoping to escape within the next year, we're looking in PA, NH, TN, and WV. Realistically, where does the group see the PA gun laws going in the future? Don't want to move from one gun hating state to another...

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    If you want to live somewhere that feels like New Jersey but without all the arsehats, PA or NH would be your bet. Personally, I would pick NH - but I've already lived there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links