These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED)

This is a discussion on These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia - Philadelphia Defies Harrisburg Over Gun Control Legislation for City Philadelphia Defies Harrisburg Over Gun Control Legislation for City by KYW's ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED)

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Thumbs down These people are now Criminals and Traitors to the Commonwealth..PA (MERGED)

KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia - Philadelphia Defies Harrisburg Over Gun Control Legislation for City

Philadelphia Defies Harrisburg Over Gun Control Legislation for City

by KYW's Mike Dunn

Philadelphia's battle with Harrisburg over gun laws ratcheted up on Thursday: City Council unanimously passed five gun-control laws without state approval (see previous story).

Calling the actions "historic," Mayor Nutter signed the measures and ordered immediate enforcement.

Flanked by City Council members and police officers, Nutter signed the five Philadelphia-only gun restrictions, including a bill that requires reporting of lost and stolen guns, and one that imposes a one-handgun-a-month limit on new purchases:

"Enough is enough. We've had enough, we've stood for enough. And today we're taking direct action to make this city safe."

Nutter then directed police commissioner Charles Ramsey to begin enforcing the measures.

(Background story)

KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia - City Moves Ahead With Gun Laws, Despite Harrisburg
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

2. Remove Ads

EW3
    Good luck enforcing that.

I predict it's shot down within a week.

On another note, I've heard Commissioner Ramsey state something (when asked about PA's carry law) like "I'm not a fan of it and if I had my way, you wouldn't be carrying at all"

Sorry Commissioner, its NOT YOUR JOB to question our states carry laws, its YOUR JOB TO UPHOLD THE LAW.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Philadelphia -- September 17, 1787: Constitution Day.

Philadelphia -- April 10, 2008: Lack Of Constitution Day.

What a difference a day makes.

Title 18 6120.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Ramsey was a tool in D.C., and he's a tool now. I guess we should expect it from a guy born and raised in Chicago, who then moved to the District... Those gun-free utopias will convince anyone that gun control reduces crime! Oh, that we could all live in places with as little violent crime as D.C. and Chicago! Those lucky, safe, secure, crime-free paradises!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    What else would you expect from big city liberal politicians? The laws they passed are not legal and the state will strike them down. Unfortunately it will tie up thousands of dollars in legal fees. The people of PA will foot the bill for these suits. It's not like the money isn't needed for more important things.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Are these people trying to make a statement? If it's just about guaranteed that the state will overturn the laws, why bother? If they are trying to make a statement, why waste tax-payers dollars? If the voters feel the same as their representatives, why aren't they trying to change the laws at the state and/or federal level, rather than making a symbolic statement? If these were my reps, I'd be mad as hell that they were wasting my money and their time with a stunt like this, even if I felt the same way as they do!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Please. Please. Arrest someone on a law that the city does not have the authority to pass.

Go ahead...Deprive someone of their freedom and property under a law that is unenforceable.

I hope PA has a good insurance policy. They are going to need it.

Mayor Nutter: is that his real name or just what sane people call him?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

What's worse is that NONE of them will be arrested over it. We break the law or violate the constitution and we go to jail. They'll never see one except from the outside.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Hmmm...I wonder if these are any of the same elected representatives who howled so loudly about the "inherent" racism in targeting gang-infested neighborhoods and gang-wear, speaking of making a city safe...?

Wow! I am going to be in Philly next month - were there any CC prohibitions that should worry me? I'll start looking right now too.

Thanks!

I bet the criminals in that town are just trembling...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

hmmmmm, seem eerily reminiscent of New Orleans.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

wow, the criminals who own guns will be really shaking in their boots now that the city has much "tougher" gun control laws. hey, just ask those guys in Washington, DC. I predict that the gun related crime rate in their city will plummet now that these laws are in place... it will be the start of zero gun related crimes in the city akin to UK and Japan. (sarcasm off)
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Administrator
    In PA and behind closed doors the Philadelphia city council are thought of as being a laughable joke.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links