Wal-Mart is striking a deal with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (Merged)

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart is striking a deal with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (Merged) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I do not see why anyone would think that Gun Registration is OK. Does anyone believe the gun grabbers claim that gun registration will only ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wal-Mart is striking a deal with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (Merged)

I do not see why anyone would think that Gun Registration is OK. Does anyone believe the gun grabbers claim that gun registration will only be used to help solve crimes. Never to confiscate guns. This is America not Nazi Germany and gun registration will never be used to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens. Really, I'd think Nazi Germany learned that little trick from us.
    Last edited by LongRider; April 20th, 2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Not Edited
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    In most cases of past history, registration of weapons eventually lead to confinscation.

Those people that think otherwise do not know history.

The ones that do know history and support registration, are etheir delusional or have a clear agenda, one that includes disarmament of private citizens.

Plain and simple.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

As a Manager for Wal*Mart, I'll tell you that this sux...

If it becomes a company program, I'll likely be involved, as Compliance is one of the three areas I supervise in my area.

And I'll add that this isn't a real big change, as far as the registration dealio goes. The Sporting Goods counter, where you buy your firearm, and all exits are already on video. They are required shots. Any stores using the older VHS system has a copy of the tapes for a minimum of 31 days. Stores on the more advanced digital systems are a minimum of 45. The transactions are already recorded, and the only change will be the retention of the recordings.

But again, this sux, as the company is keeping these records with the intent of sharing them. If law enforcement asks for a copy of a recording, they get it. So, if once a month, they asked for a DVD with all transactions from the Sporting Goods counter, they will get it. All they have to do is sign a form, and walk out.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FHBrumb View Post
    If law enforcement asks for a copy of a recording, they get it. So, if once a month, they asked for a DVD with all transactions from the Sporting Goods counter, they will get it. All they have to do is sign a form, and walk out.
    I get the definite impression that Bloomberg or the Mayors Against Guns (whatever they call that group) will be getting the DVDs, not just LE! That is what is most disturbing to me.

Your local PD isn't going to want a monthly DVD of all transactions. They investigate crimes after they occur . . . don't have time to check out every transaction for a "just in case" situation.

So how many stores will Wal-mart get to put in New York City in exchange for the invasion of our privacy?
    Bloomberg really sucks!! If he wants to be a dictator, he needs to buy Cuba, they need one!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LenS View Post
    I get the definite impression that Bloomberg or the Mayors Against Guns (whatever they call that group) will be getting the DVDs, not just LE! That is what is most disturbing to me.

Your local PD isn't going to want a monthly DVD of all transactions. They investigate crimes after they occur . . . don't have time to check out every transaction for a "just in case" situation.
    Yes, but what I'm saying is that this is pretty much a signature from possible. PD (BATF actually) can reasearch 4473 forms, so the DVD to go with them is no different. WalMart could keep DVDs as "internal records" until the laws are in place for the guvmint to collect them.

It is doubtful that they would ask for it, but if they do, they will get it.

VIP Member
    Here is the email we sent to Walmart...

My family have been long time Walmart shoppers. We have enjoyed many fine products and foods purchased from Walmart stores. We have come to know Walmart and enjoy our trips to the store. But I must confess to being dumbfounded by what I am reading with regard to Walmart's tight new controls on gun sales. Citation - Anti-gun crusader Bloomberg salutes Wal-Mart on new tough sales policy.

Our family cannot condone this type of political activism by any company. If Walmart can't respect our individual god given rights as Americans, we can't support Walmart. Our family has decided to suspend purchasing at Walmart stores. Walmart lost a customer today and Walmart has lost its soul. How could Walmart have fallen so far from the ideals of Sam Walton?
    Last edited by ctr; April 24th, 2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: spelling

bloomberg

why is it that everytime i hear that name,
    my head really starts to hurt.
    glad i"m not a big fan of wal-mart.
    even around christmas time.
    don"t really have much to say about him
    other than it must be nice to have money
    and go on some crazy crusade or what ever
    you want to call it. bloomberg you are the king
    and heres your crown. by the power invested in me
    i knight thee
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Well, I was going to make my Official Wal-Mart trip today, nachos and all. That has just changed; I think I'll hit the local grocery store (the one that isn't posted) or Target...I think they at least have pretzels (and the gals that work there are better looking too!!!)

I've always hated Walmart. They don't care what anyone thinks because enough sheep go there.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links