VIDEO: Clinton and Obama Debate on Gun control

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Clinton and Obama Debate on Gun control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hillary actually grew up in Chicago, before going to AR with Bill and the on to NY. Just remember it is an election year. There ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VIDEO: Clinton and Obama Debate on Gun control

Hillary actually grew up in Chicago, before going to AR with Bill and the on to NY.

Just remember it is an election year. There will be much spewed from all of the cadidates, and you can believe about as much of it as will fit into a coffee cup, the rest is fit only for a flushing.

They are by Kinky Freedman's definition in the business of

poly = a bunch of
    ticks = blood sucking parasites
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

What a NIGHTMARE

Is anybody surprised? I'm not, because I never lost sight of who these people were in the first place.

they will say what they need to say to get elected, then they will show you how fast they can take your guns.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

gun debate

sen. clinton, what is your view on gun control? well i
    sen. obama, what is your view on guncontrol? well i

sounds good,got my vote
    yeah, my vote too.

i"m outta here
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I don't get this whole "hunting and target shooting BS." I am 100% against hunting. I see no good reason to deny us the right to self-defense, yet allow us to needlessly kill animals.

Twisted malfunction. God help us.

VIP Member
    Someone tell me how it ends. I'll loose my lunch..........

It's not a debate. It's public acknowledgement of their express intent to commit crimes against the Constitution. You'd think that would matter. The intent of the 2A was essentially about the People's ability to defend themselves against any and all comers, and yet discussions such as these (Clinton, Obama, whomever) merely illustrate the depths to which people have fallen and how far some are willing to go in order to render the People toothless and harmless against predation by criminals (government hacks or otherwise). Same ol', same ol'. Where's a big woodshed and leather belt when you need one.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I just lost almost 8 minutes of my lifetime listening to this dribble. These candidates will never be able to see the forest because there are simply too many trees in the way.

I guess I'll just have to be hopeful for...... 2012??

Anything before that I may just have to try and forget...
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    I don't get this whole "hunting and target shooting BS." I am 100% against hunting. I see no good reason to deny us the right to self-defense, yet allow us to needlessly kill animals.

Twisted malfunction. God help us.
    LOL
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Tactical - if it weren't for the "hunters", we would:

• have no effective game management programs to keep wild game animals or predators under control, and see to the continuation of their species and habitat. All of the money that funds wildlife programs in this country comes from sportsmen, not PETA, not Al Gore, or any of the Liberal wacko Democrats that complain about "the poor animals".
    • The NRA as we know it would simply not exist; Want to know when the membership of the NRA exploded? When Clinton was in office and he passed AWB 1. That convinced the "hunters" that the gun banners were for real and they were not kidding.
    • As far as the self defense crowd goes, the hunters outnumber us at least 4 to 1, and I am being conservative when I say that. It has only been in the last 10 years that the self-defense issues have become front page news with all of the school shootings, home invasions and the Heller case before the Supreme court.

So please don't bash the hunters. They actually provide a service to the environment, and care more about the environment than any environmentalist nut ever will.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Tactical - if it weren't for the "hunters", we would:

• As far as the self defense crowd goes, the hunters outnumber us at least 4 to 1, and I am being conservative when I say that. It has only been in the last 10 years that the self-defense issues have become front page news with all of the school shootings, home invasions and the Heller case before the Supreme court.
    I was with you until this point. Your facts are incorrect: hunters comprise maybe 20% (around 15-18 million) of all gun owners (estimated around 80 million) in the United States, according to government estimates of total gun owners and the total number of hunting licenses. Even including those who hunt without licenses, hunters do not compose the majority of gun owners.

-B

There may be some self defense people out there that don't hunt but I will bet that most hunters will use one of their weapons for self defense. There may be some statistics on numbers of hunting licenses versus concealed carry licenses, but there are many additional self defenders that do not have a concealed license.

Texas has just appropriated $1 Million to help eradicate the "poor defenseless" wild hogs that cause millions of dollars of destruction to crops, grazing land and even kill young livestock.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links