ABC News: U.S. Is Arming Mexican Drug Cartels - Page 3

ABC News: U.S. Is Arming Mexican Drug Cartels

This is a discussion on ABC News: U.S. Is Arming Mexican Drug Cartels within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by libertarian5 I find it impossible to imagine how a violent overthrow of the Mexican government by the drug cartels would in some ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ABC News: U.S. Is Arming Mexican Drug Cartels

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    I find it impossible to imagine how a violent overthrow of the Mexican government by the drug cartels would in some way solve the problem of illegal immigration. It would only make it worse, and a destabilized Mexico could be our worst nightmare.

This is a multi-billion dollar industry and they aren't just buying guns. They are buying real estate all over the USA and moving their criminal enterprises in. They have lots of money so they can do it easily and legally. If and when we succeed in kicking all those "squatters" out we will still have them.

We should do everything we can to make sure that the government of Mexico is successful in stopping these guys. If they don't do it there we will have to do it here soon.

I don't think he meant a violent overthrow, more of an insurrection.

Also, out of curiosity, and my ignorance of our own real estate laws, why is it so easy for foreigner's to buy so much land? Shouldn't there be some sort of limit (like one acre for just a house to live in, or even just an apartment), until they obtain their full US citizenship and become an American?

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    This article is so full of irony it's funny:

More Than 90 Percent of Weapons Used by Mexico's Drug Gangs Come From the U.S.
    Right, and probably 90% of illegal drugs in USA come from Mexico?

"It's virtually impossible to buy a firearm in Mexico as a private citizen, so this country is where they come," said Newell.
    See gun control doesn't work! Can't buy it locally? Cross state lines, go to another country, buy it on the black market, steal it, borrow it, or even build one! As long as there is a will to have a gun, there is a way.

But U.S. efforts to stop the smuggling of tens of thousands of guns to Mexico, including high-powered assault weapons, have been hampered by lenient American gun laws
    There you have it, gun control doesn't work. What lenient gun laws are they talking about? Is the FBI handing out "get out of background check- free" cards?

Mexico's strict gun laws are being subverted
    BG's breaking the law, who would'a though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Rock View Post
    why is it so easy for foreigner's to buy so much land? Shouldn't there be some sort of limit?
    Countries love it when foreigners spend lots of money in their country. Think about it: people from far away infusing lots of $$$ into your local economy. That's great for everyone, but especially great for gov't (property tax)
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Rock View Post
    I don't think he meant a violent overthrow, more of an insurrection.
    The Mexican government is just another criminal enterprise protecting its turf.

Let them fight.

Whoever wins, I don't care. They will be the same in my opinion.

You want me to care? Stop exporting your surplus population to the USA. Till that happens, I hope the cartels and Mexican government kill each other off wholesale.

Officials: Phoenix gun dealer sold to drug cartels

Officials: Phoenix gun dealer sold to drug cartels
    May 6th, 2008 @ 5:09pm
    by Jim Cross and Jana Baybado/KTAR

A Phoenix gun store raided by federal and state officials Tuesday provided hundreds of assault rifles and other guns to violent drug cartels in Mexico, where such weapons are used in deadly confrontations between rival cartels and against law enforcement officers, officials said.

The gun store's owner, George Iknadosian, 46, was arrested following the raid, as were two Mexican brothers who authorities say recruited "straw buyers" to go into X Caliber Guns near Cave Creek and Thunderbird roads and purchase weapons that would then be trafficked to the drug cartels.

Iknadosian knew where the guns would end up, said Carlos Baixauli, a special agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He said Iknadosian sold at least 650 firearms to drug cartels through the straw buyers.
    Good thing they shut this guy down.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    The Mexican government is just another criminal enterprise protecting its turf.
    +1

That's a pretty good definition of all governments on earth right there. A large-scale criminal enterprise whose major goal is to protect its turf.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links