Ammunition Encoding Legislation Introduced in Alabama!

This is a discussion on Ammunition Encoding Legislation Introduced in Alabama! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Colin It's the death of a thousand cuts approach, ask the supporters if they have done any tech trials on it. the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammunition Encoding Legislation Introduced in Alabama!

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    It's the death of a thousand cuts approach, ask the supporters if they have done any tech trials on it. the whole purpose is to discourage people from owning guns.
    Why don't they make using a handgun (except for purposes of self defense) illegal. Oh wait, it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Was the Senator 'named' after his brain?
    I'm thinking so.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    Well, I just emailed my State Senator respectfully asking him to oppose this bill, and will be calling my State Representative's office on Monday to respectfully ask him to oppose it also if it makes it to the House. And George, thanks for the heads up. I had heard a rumor of this but it turns out it wasn't just a rumor.
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

i wonder if any of the legislaters realise that the united states surpasses even the anti gun UN standards for ammo marking and traceability?
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat35 View Post
    i wonder if any of the legislaters realise that the united states surpasses even the anti gun UN standards for ammo marking and traceability?
    That would make Chuckie Schumer proud.

VIP Member

Behind the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    These "legislators" (not the term I was originally going to use) all went to a conference somewhere sponsored by the usual suspects and all picked up the same legislation to bring home to their respective state houses.
    It is a pity, but that is how lots of really really bad ideas become law.
    The corporations that have something to sell, sell it. They sell it to legislators in the hope that then everyone will have to buy. That's called "making a market."

Ever wonder why you have to **** to get a job? It has a lot less to do with safety and anti-drug vigilance than you think. And a lot more to do with narrow business interests pushing the service they sell--testing-- to make money.

This is the way the Critters work. It keeps them from having to think.
    Just attend the nifty lobby "seminar" and you will know all you have to know to make law. :___

And when the corps aren't corrupting their tiny minds, the reverends are.

Was the Senator 'named' after his brain?
    Or maybe some other part of his anatomy?
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Why is it that when these idiotic bills are proposed, they are proposed by people with "-D" after their name?

I wish you could just drive to their office, look them in the eye and have them explain their ignorance.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Liberal voters

All for the liberal Dem vote. California exodus is like cancer and spreading to the good states with thier real estate money. Colorado is being ruined, Wyoming and Montana are next.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Why is it that when these idiotic bills are proposed, they are proposed by people with "-D" after their name.
    Because the word DUMB begins with D. Because the word DEADHEAD starts and ends with D. Because the word DUH begins with D. etc etc etc
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Wow...

Ok, I am a transplant from CA to VA. In CA a majority of the country is viewed as inbreeding, Walmart loving, gun-toatin' hillbillies (Alabama for example)...

I KNOW that that is NOT the case but I gotta say...It really rocks my world (in a bad way) to see such stupid legislation put forth from states like this.

I can not realllllllly explain it, but it just seems so weird for me to read about wacky stuff surrounding gun legislation in some of these states.

I guess I missed it...now just how does this legislation effect the common criminal?

It will, no doubt, make his life easier because the victem will have a harder time getting ammo to defend himself.

VIP Member
    Well, folks, it looks like we (if you'll pardon the pun) dodged the bullet this time. Next Monday will be the last day of the legislative session and there are not meetings this week. The bill never got out of committee and thus cannot pass. We need to be aware that it will likely be introduced again at the next session and watch for it. Thanks to all who contacted their legislators.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I guess I missed it...now just how does this legislation effect the common criminal?
    You are missing the point

Actually we all know the answer. They can't ban guns all at once. The strategy is to chip away point by point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links