NATO and NRA ???

This is a discussion on NATO and NRA ??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday I got a call from the NRA asking for a donation to assist in fighting the NATO project to band all weapons in the ...

Thread: NATO and NRA ???

NATO and NRA ???

Yesterday I got a call from the NRA asking for a donation to assist in fighting the NATO project to band all weapons in the US. It seems that NATO wants to vote on and approve a BAND on us having any kind of gun, rifle, what ever and if it passes the government can take our weapons. Has anyone else gotten this call??? was it for real?? Can they do such a thing??

2. Remove Ads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JAXFL
    It seems that NATO wants to vote on and approve a BAND on us having any kind of gun, rifle, what ever...
    Don't worry about it....with so many musical tastes out there it will be impossible for NATO to decide on just *one* Band for us to jam to while firing :AR15firin any kind of gun, rifle, whatever...

My vote would be for (early) Van Halen. Germany would probably vote for Rammstein or the Scorpions, The U.K. voting for the Stones, maybe The Who or Pink Floyd, Canada would vote for Rush, and so forth...so as you can see, they will never be able to come to a consensus, so we're still safe to listen to any kind of music we want to as we put rounds down range!
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

JT
    Hmmm…greatest US rock band ever would be the Allman Brothers, in my opinion. Best from the 80’s on, would be the Black Crowes or Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble. For UK bands, it’s harder. If I had to pick one, it would be Led Zeppelin. But with the Stones, The Who, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, etc it is hard to pick one.

Of course this doesn't take into account who the best is to listen to while on the firing range, but I usually use ear protection, so I tend not to be able to hear the music.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Now that we got the humor out of the way, are you sure it was NATO? I would think it is more likely that the UN is behind this:

http://www.iansa.org/about.htm

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was a single minded anti-Warsaw pact deal, why it' even still around is mind boggling. Pull out, let the EU handle thier own mess, bring our troops home from Europe and such, and start saving all that money. If NATO is trying anything this dumb, it's time to let it quietly die. Along with the UNdies, if possible....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Assistant Administrator
    I know of the UN's ''plans'' <takes another Tums!> - but did not think NATO was following suit.

Would not be surprised tho as there is way too much meddling going on in our affairs from outsiders. Keep America for Americans - UN and NATO stay the hell out of our business.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

JT
    I would think it was the UN, and not NATO. NATO tends to be a purely military organization, not political. If it is NATO, I will be shocked.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

I havent heard anything but if it was nato you really shouldnt be shocked everyone has been against us having arms and trying to get them banned in the past few years

I got to Say Early Van halen would be pretty good Even though Van Hagar wasnt that bad

JT
    You’re right, shocked was probably too strong of a word. Anything is possible, but grabbing guns is traditionally the UN's turf, not NATO's.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    NATO is a consensus-based organization. It can't do anything unless all member states agree. It isn't a legeslative body, even to the extent the UN is, it's soley a defensive pact.

Now, the UN _can_ in theory pass resolutions which are binding on a nation's internal operations... and many of the uninformed confuse the UN with NATO... but they are two completely different organizations.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I am sorry it is the UN not NATO that they had called about. The question was...did anyone else get the same call or are you not NRA memebers?

JT
    I'm a Life Member, but I never get any calls from them. I do get all their email elerts. I remember plenty of UN warnings, but not anything in the last week.

Links