Roanoke Times

This is a discussion on Roanoke Times within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another anti-gun editorial in the RT: Guns and council meetings don't mix - Roanoke.com My online comments at: The Roanoke Times: RoundTable : Discuss Sunday's ...

Thread: Roanoke Times

VIP Member

Thumbs down Roanoke Times

Another anti-gun editorial in the RT:

Guns and council meetings don't mix - Roanoke.com

My online comments at:
    The Roanoke Times: RoundTable : Discuss Sunday's editorials

LTE sent, also.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's the Roanake Times, what more needs to be said? They are as anti gun as any NYC, LA or Chicago newspaper you will read.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Well when they come down out of the clouds they may understand this isn't a perfect world

In February, a man who had long tangled with the Kirkwood, Mo., City Council brought a gun to a meeting and killed five people and then himself.

I believe this to be incorrect. The police shot the Kirkwood man attempting to flee after the shooting. After killing two officers, they weren't going to let him out of the building. If the citizens were carrying he may have only gotten off one shot, if any. I'm sure the paper doest want to encounter that argument. A convenient twist to truth.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

The fools at the R-T are the same who published, last year, the "Sunshine Week" gift of an online database of all Virginia citizens who are licensed to carry.

The reality is, murderers and other felons are going to do their damage. They are already carrying their crimes to the people, whether at restaurants, people's homes, or the town's meeting rooms.

The ONLY question is: how long shall we let that damage go on. If upstanding citizens were carrying everywhere, then murder sprees would likely turn into one- or two-victim ordeals, and overall the incidence of such violent crimes against citizens would almost certainly go down, in time, simply due to the absolute deterrent it would put in place.

It would send a simple message directly from the People, one that government hacks don't seem to be able to effectively send: comply by immediately ceasing your crimes, or get shot and stopped.

Perhaps people like the R-T publishers would prefer a completely disarmed population, leaving only the murderers and rapists as the armed people in town. That surely seems to be the case.

Vote for murderers and rapists. Buy a copy of the Roanoke-Times newspaper, today.

The police shot the Kirkwood man attempting to flee after the shooting.
    Like as not, the Roanoke-Times would be shouting from the rooftops to string up any citizen who did the same thing, disingenuously claiming that such a citizen was himself a criminal for shooting a "fleeing" suspect. The stink of hypocrisy in such thinking is almost blinding. R-T and other seem to conveniently forget from where they derive their powers: from the People.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like the RT has, once again, proposed a dubious solution to a non-existant problem.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Well done!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Roanoke Times. I really find it difficult to believe that this news rag could be so out of touch with America.

Links