Senator McCain's Interview with NRA - Page 2

Senator McCain's Interview with NRA

This is a discussion on Senator McCain's Interview with NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll vote for him but am not happy about it. His actions in the past, particularly with regards to hijacking court appointments to gain himself ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll vote for him but am not happy about it. His actions in the past, particularly with regards to hijacking court appointments to gain himself front page billings, disgusted me. Likewise his illegals stance.

On guns he is solid in my opinion. Campaign Finance Reform was wrong but it was not purposefully anti gun. Background checks for private sales will eventually happen, just like tightening up the reporting on dangerous mental illness was going to happen after VT. McCain is for it but we at least have a chance to control legislation through him to keep registration unconnected and make the check a free service. I know the "don't give an inch" crowd will scream but you have the following choices.

1. Craft the legislation yourself.
    2. Let the opposition craft it and push it through after a gun show gun is eventually used in a rampage killing.

Care to guess what would be attached with option number two...

If that is the only gun issue people have with McCain then I think it a small one.

He's fine on the gun issues, but the war and the illegals is where I start to differ with him. Yes I want to win the war, but I also want to stop the hemmorage of cash going to Iraq. We are in poor shape financially, and can't keep this up indefinately. Immigration is complicated, but our borders need to be shored up, and those who are here and haven't signed the guestbook need to go back

I will vote for McCain, as he is better than the other choice by a wide margin.
    God bless our troops!

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Once again it will be "the lesser evil"

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

BAC
    I think one of the most frustrating things about these elections is that only a few tens of millions people actually vote, and most of them buy into the "lesser of evils" arguments. This country desperately needs that greater majority of the population to get involved, ones who aren't jaded by a history of "lesser of evils".

-B

Voting McCain for a few central issues (2A being a big one). Otherwise, I'm enormously dissatisfied, but I honestly didn't like any of the Republican candidates much at all, so McCain is just a slight step down the ladder from the other three.

I'm sure most of us are enormously dissatisfied with Bush's presidency, but it's not too hard to imagine the alternatives with Gore or Kerry.

And he's miles ahead of Hillary and a few light years ahead of Obama.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I think one of the most frustrating things about these elections is that only a few tens of millions people actually vote, and most of them buy into the "lesser of evils" arguments. This country desperately needs that greater majority of the population to get involved, ones who aren't jaded by a history of "lesser of evils".
    I am going to vote for McCain because he is the best candidate with a realistic chance of winning the election. I cringe everytime I hear the 'lesser of evils.' I don't think any of the candidates are evil and we here, especially, understand what evil is. Some will hurt the United States and our principles more than others but to classify any of the candidates as evil is emotional rhetoric.

There has not been a single election in our history where every voter was in complete agreement with any candidate. And to vote for someone who will surely lose just to make a point is, indeed, wasting a vote.

Administrator
    Well, the black & white reality is that if you don't hold your breath and pull the lever for McCain then we are going to have a Lib Left controlled House a Lib Left controlled Senate and a Lib Left sitting in the big chair in the big house on Pennsylvania Avenue and then we get two more Lib Lefties in the Supreme Court.

So it's hold your breath or drown any semblance of 2A Gun Rights.
    And...that's just the way it is for us.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links