Getting vendors involved to stop lousy lawmaking

This is a discussion on Getting vendors involved to stop lousy lawmaking within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After receiving an email from a gun-related vendor with special deals, it occurred to me that each vendor must have a pretty powerful email database. ...

Thread: Getting vendors involved to stop lousy lawmaking

Getting vendors involved to stop lousy lawmaking

After receiving an email from a gun-related vendor with special deals, it occurred to me that each vendor must have a pretty powerful email database. Many of their customers live in states that are debating pretty stifling legislation. I know that in my state of CA, the Dems are working on outlawing Internet sales of ammo and much more. That law would have killed the idea of buying any of the online specials offered.

Then I wondered about how many of these customers even know about these lousy pending laws and lawmakers. So I suggested that this vendor consider contacting my state's customers, offer links to get politically aware and start taking action to ensure we have the laws we really want. Not to tell anyone what to do, just to understand what's at stake and how each can have a say in their own state.

What do you think?

2. Remove Ads

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    How do you sort out the chaff from the wheat. Many would consider it SPAM.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

If you allow any given vendor's email through, it would make no difference what the content is. On ANY email, a vendor could simply add a section pertinent to the state that the customer is in.

I know this is possible because I do a significant number amount of both targeted mass mailings (not spam) with custom fields, and related database work. It's simple enough to use once any sender has decided to get active.

Or, if the vendor simply doesn't want to make the effort to make it simple for the customer, just a link to the NRA's legislative action website and a plea to "Let your lawmakers know how you feel" would do it.

It's not rocket science, and the apathy that other states have for those under attack is giving the battle away.

Note that NY is now fighting the microstamping battle that CA enacted. When CA was under attack last year, it was a NIMBY (not in my backyard) response. But this year, it IS in NY's backyard, and next year, it might just be in your own backyard.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post

Note that NY is now fighting the microstamping battle that CA enacted. When CA was under attack last year, it was a NIMBY (not in my backyard) response. But this year, it IS in NY's backyard, and next year, it might just be in your own backyard.
    It died here. Didn't even get out of committee.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    It died here. Didn't even get out of committee.
    Congratulations. Unfortunately, I'd expect it and more equally insane legislation to rear their ugly heads as long as "they" think that criminals will actually obey gun laws as they commit rape, robbery and murder.

To protect our rights, we need to not rely on a core of enthusiasts to do all the fighting. We need to encourage everyone with an interest in protecting the 2A. Getting vendors to simply make mention and offer hotlinks in their emails certainly wouldn't hurt.

Links