DC handgun crime story (from 2000)

This is a discussion on DC handgun crime story (from 2000) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While researching a different Barbara Graham, I ran across this one. I searched the Defensive Carry forums for this name and did not find it. ...

Thread: DC handgun crime story (from 2000)

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

DC handgun crime story (from 2000)

While researching a different Barbara Graham, I ran across this one. I searched the Defensive Carry forums for this name and did not find it. If this has already been discussed here, moderators, feel free to delete this thread.

The basic story is that this Barbara Graham, a million-mom organizer and District of Columbia resident, was convicted of shooting someone with a handgun.

Caveat: this is on the Internet and the links to the original Washington Post stories are no longer functional, so it could be a myth. I think it's likely to be true because Kikko Smith shows up on several other web pages related to this story.

Million Mom Marcher Barbara Graham shoots innocent man Kikko Smith - also known as Barbara Lipscomb

Million Mom Marcher Barbara Graham shoots innocent man Kikko Smith - also known as Barbara Lipscomb

"You can't tell the kids to stop the violence with the mothers running around like this." --- Mary Ann Smith, after her son was shot by a Million Mom Marcher

After helping to organize the Million Mom March, and even speaking at the event, Barbara Graham was convicted of shooting an innocent man. Now he is paralyzed for life.

The Washington Post reported that "Police recovered three handguns and a TEC-9 submachine gun at her home." Note that the TEC-9 was banned by the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban (AWB).

2. Remove Ads

"Do as I say,not as I do," comes to mind.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    "Do as I say,not as I do," comes to mind.
    +1. Members of the elite understand that laws are for other people, not them.

VIP Member
    Can't be true what liberal mom is going to have a tech 9.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Ok, so one set of rules for the whinny butt, criminal loving, panty waist, communist coddling, anti-family, Christian hating, anything but the truth liberal Left. Another set for you and me! Figures!!!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Typical hypocrites.

Sarah Brady made a straw purchase for her son.

A controversy occurred after Sarah Brady recounted in her book that she had purchased a Remington .30-06 Springfield rifle with a scope and safety lock at a Lewes, Delaware, gun shop, for her son, Scott, "as a Christmas present" in 2000.[6] Second amendment rights groups claimed that this action was a straw purchase, intended to avoid the NICS[7][8]. While a purchase as a gift is not considered a straw purchase under US federal law, as long as the recipient is not prohibited from possessing the firearm; this is the same as any other private transfer[9], private transfers are a common target of gun control advocates, who usually call this the gun show loophole, and would make these transfers illegal
    Sarah Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Model citizen.

Moral of the story: don't engage in revenge attacks, if you want to be able to hold your head high. Don't engage in hypocrisy telling others what they should do, then attempt to become a murderer yourself. Don't teach your children to hate (you) via your own heinous actions against others.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; May 29th, 2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spellin'
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Many of these freaks oppose gun ownership because they don't even trust themselves with that level of responsibility... if they can't trust themselves, why should they trust you?

With the Hollywood idiots out there mixing with politics and having their own little movements, with their history of drug abuse etc and thinking that they are normal, no wander they don't trust themselves... I would not want these freak shows to own a gun, if they are in and out of rehab all the time... just look on Britney Spears and the rest of them clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Model citizen.

Moral of the story: don't engage in revenge attacks, if you want to be able to hold your head high. Don't engage in hypocrisy telling others what they should do, then attempt to become a murderer yourself. Don't tech your children to hate (you) via your own heinous actions against others.
    Some years ago, one well known anti gunner in the local government in Baltimore, was caught carrying a handgun on a school compound... he was one of those morons who opposed "shall issue" concealed carry... I should not really be surprised, I hear Finsten has a conceal carry permit, and she seems to be on the side of the antis all the time... nothing but hypocrites and elitist... they think they are better then their fellow citizens.

Joseph Farah of World Net Daily has this article which seems to confirm the story.

A tale of tragic irony

And, this Washington Post site lists the article's headline, without the article.

Mother Gets 10 Years to Life For Trying to Take Revenge (washingtonpost.com)

The Second Amendment Foundation also refers to it.
    http://www.saf.org/gt/gt80.pdf
    Read page 6 -- What's Wrong with This Picture?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Links