Oppressive Ammunition Restrictions Pass California Assembly! - Page 3

Oppressive Ammunition Restrictions Pass California Assembly!

This is a discussion on Oppressive Ammunition Restrictions Pass California Assembly! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 Can't we just give it back to Mexico? That might be the best option, at this point. I jettisoned about 3yrs ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Can't we just give it back to Mexico?
    That might be the best option, at this point.

I jettisoned about 3yrs ago and can't believe how quickly things have been flushed since then. It's complete and utter insanity to think that forcibly controlling upstanding citizens is going to make one lick of difference in crimes.

Want to make a real difference? Quit shoving felons galore out the revolving door; enforce Three Strikes; unleash the power of a motivated upstanding citizenry by simply NOT treating them as felons in advance of any crime, and allowing them the tools with which to defend themselves. Until then, it's flushed and irredeemable, IMO.

About the best thing I can say for the expanse of California, at this point, is: the Mexican food is great.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Boy I have got to love my home state of California. That is why I moved to Utah 14 years ago. Most of the people of California are
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    I read the bill in full and it seems to me that while it does include some ridiculous processes and procedures, it's mainly aimed at ammo vendors. I just think it's asinine to have to "register" to buy ammo and give a thumb print and all that, how is that gonna stop the BG's from doing what they do?
    It has NOTHING to do with controlling ammo purchases. The bill has EVERYTHING to do with raising revenue. It's an "ammo tax" just like the "cigarette tax" and "booze tax."

The restrictions and permit/controls are there to make sure that the state knows that ammo is being sold and the tax collected. It has nothing to do with ANYTHING ELSE. Not even fighting gangs or crime or protecting the innocent.

If it were merely a tax, it would strictly raise revenue, alone. Cigarette taxes don't limit the type, length or potency of the cigs one purchases. The only limit is on the wallet of the purchaser. Cigs accomplish this via the tax stamp, reasonably efficiently. These ammo restrictions go way, way beyond that. Thou shalt be allowed 50rds per month transfer. Thou shalt blah, blah, blah. With these elements, it's hard to conclude that the limitations, themselves, have anything whatsoever to do with revenue.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If it were merely a tax, it would strictly raise revenue, alone. Cigarette taxes don't limit the type, length or potency of the cigs one purchases. The only limit is on the wallet of the purchaser. Cigs accomplish this via the tax stamp, reasonably efficiently. These ammo restrictions go way, way beyond that. Thou shalt be allowed 50rds per month transfer. Thou shalt blah, blah, blah. With these elements, it's hard to conclude that the limitations, themselves, have anything whatsoever to do with revenue.
    Agreed. We've had a tax on ammunition in Tennessee for years. Is there a state that doesn't?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links