Angelina on bearing arms - Page 2

Angelina on bearing arms

This is a discussion on Angelina on bearing arms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by limatunes Unfortunately (right or wrong, relevant or not), our society today sees actors and actresses like other countries see royalty. They set ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina on bearing arms

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Unfortunately (right or wrong, relevant or not), our society today sees actors and actresses like other countries see royalty. They set the trends in fashion, in music, in childcare, in fads and diets and anyone who thinks for a second that they don't influence political movements is missing some pretty big warning signs.

It's unfortunate, but true that our celebrities can and do pave some political pathways.

This isn't the first time, or even the second, I've heard of Angelina Jolie speaking in favor of guns. Hopefully it sticks and some people think again. Because if Angelina Jolie is willing to defend her family with a firearm, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all.
    Your right, but being 62, you get a little hard case with the celebrities, most of them are full of it. It seems that they don't have a clue on life.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I have always been amazed at how the hollywood type will make gun movies but are so out spoken to ban them. Any thing for a buck right.
    Last edited by Reborn; June 4th, 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Your right, but being 62, you get a little hard case with the celebrities, most of them are full of it. It seems that they don't have a clue on life.
    LOL.. A vast majority of them DON'T have a clue on life. They live in a little bubble and if any of us "normal" folk even tried some of the crap they get away with we'd be in jail for 20 years.

That's why it's so unfortunate that they are so idolized, especially by the upcoming generation. It's not the older people I'm worried about. My Dad's generation comes from an era where people still thought before they spoke, learned the facts before they acted and worked for what they got.

But the upcoming generation (mine and the one after) is filled with airheads who live entirely off of what "feels" right. Their head is buried further in the celeb gossip magazines than it will ever be buried in reason and science, fact, and the art of extrapolation to come to a conclusion.

They listen to the celebrities because they don't know how (and don't care to learn how) to think for themselves. Forget what's right and wrong.. that would take actually knowing what principles were, having some, and standing by them. That's too much work. It's so much easier to borrow some over-paid, fluffy, delusional actor or actress's misguided ideals.

Sigh... God help my children.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    LOL.. A vast majority of them DON'T have a clue on life. They live in a little bubble and if any of us "normal" folk even tried some of the crap they get away with we'd be in jail for 20 years.

That's why it's so unfortunate that they are so idolized, especially by the upcoming generation. It's not the older people I'm worried about. My Dad's generation comes from an era where people still thought before they spoke, learned the facts before they acted and worked for what they got.

But the upcoming generation (mine and the one after) is filled with airheads who live entirely off of what "feels" right. Their head is buried further in the celeb gossip magazines than it will ever be buried in reason and science, fact, and the art of extrapolation to come to a conclusion.

They listen to the celebrities because they don't know how (and don't care to learn how) to think for themselves. Forget what's right and wrong.. that would take actually knowing what principles were, having some, and standing by them. That's too much work. It's so much easier to borrow some over-paid, fluffy, delusional actor or actress's misguided ideals.

Sigh... God help my children.
    Lima, parents have been saying that for thousands of years. It's nothing new. Every older generation thinks the newer generation is going to be the one who ruins it. And shows no respect. And won't work for a living.

It just turns out we are right this time...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I hope this is true. It’s nice to have at least one Hollyweird celeb. that seems to be on our side for a change. I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. If she wants to tell people having a gun for self-protection is a good thing I am all for it. It can only help our cause.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Tom Selleck and of course Charlton Heston past have been saying the same things for years in a vocal way.

At the Gavin De Becker website Meryl Streep is on record with a quote in support of his book 'The Gift of Fear' which as was widely introduced this past winter was included amongst Oprah Winfrey's list of must read books. Oprah even had him as a 1 hr. full spot guest on her show talking about the book and the methods he details therein.
    As far as I know Oprah has had no public position on firearms or the 2A in specific.

Yes Hollywood has a good number of strange 'charachters' to it but then name me any industry or career path that does not. Politics, sports of any sort/type, bankers, IT, you name it, and law enforcement too.
    Where one lives and/or what they do to pay the rent is not necessarily an indicator of their beliefs, intelligence, or worthiness of opinion statement.

I mean Charlton Heston was an actor of Hollywood and he was the head of the NRA.
    Ronald Reagan was head of the Screen Actors Guild before becoming Governor of CA followed by PoTUS and folks from the right hold him up as being an ideal akin to George Washington or some such.

Lets not be so easy to blow off actors stated opinions just as we should not be so easy to embrace same by others be it for or against our own positions.

As to Jolie's statement it's not really a surprise.
    I mean this is the same lady who was on photo record multiple times tongue kissing her brother and stating how hot he was/is. She wore a vial of blood around her neck from that of her then husband Billy Bob Thornton. BILLY BOB THORNTON. She married, him!
    And now it comes out she owns a pair of HKs like those she used in Tomb Raider. Wow...who'd have thunk that?!
    Next she'll go on record as being for legalization of marijuana. Amazing!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Another reason to like her! (as if I needed one)

She has "know your rights" tatooed across her upper back in an old-timey font. Angelina Jolie-Know Your Rights tattoo on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It's even visible in a scene from a trailer for whatever her latest movie is. Let's hope she gives the 2nd Amendment as much respect as the others.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Hey...maybe not all of hollywood is crazy....oh wait...yep, they still are...
    isn't this the woman who carried a vial of blood around her neck when she was married to billy bob thornton?
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    And now it comes out she owns a pair of HKs like those she used in Tomb Raider.
    The H&K USP's indicate questionable judgement in and of themselves...

She should have used P7M13's and had some class.

Her son, Maddox, wears a "pistol" necklace:

Usmagazine.com | Angelina Jolie's Son Maddox Wears Gun Charm Necklace
    Attached Images
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns.
    Now I love her even more.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I have always been amazed at how the hollywood type will make gun movies but are so out spoken to ban them.
    I suspect that they get so immersed in the role that they forget it is "for pretend" and start thinking they are portraying reality.

Another possibility is that the insane adulation they receive from the fans makes them think that the public wants to live the fantasy life they portray in the shoot-em-ups. That's enough to scare anyone.

I tossed my last TV over 20 years ago, but sometimes stop in store windows or check what's on the tube in the local coffee shop. The last shoot-em-up I saw involved two suits chasing some seedy looking character through a subway. Everyone blasting away with machine guns, dead bystanders everywhere, thousands of rounds blasted away (and never a reload or empty mag, of course), the bad guy escapes unscathed, and the two suits casually saunter away, stepping over the bystanders they killed.

Of course people are going to be anti gun if that's all the information they have to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Be careful. She is one of the celebs that thinks no one but HER should be able to own a gun.
    That's the rub...

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Have seen a few interviews with her, she is smart and knows what she wants. She also seems to live more by her words than most actors. she knows how to play the sytem to get what she wants. She also helps a lot of kids around the world and that buys her a lot of points in my books. I have seen coments from her in the past of her collection of knives and guns. She spends a lot of time outside of hollywood in places like Cambodia and other 3rd world countries, she knows that life is not Disney. The fact that she is easy to look at does not hurt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links