Angelina on bearing arms

This is a discussion on Angelina on bearing arms within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess she is learning from some of her movies. MSN Entertainment - Hot Gossip "If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina on bearing arms

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Angelina on bearing arms

I guess she is learning from some of her movies.

MSN Entertainment - Hot Gossip

"If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them." That's Angelina Jolie, revealing her up-with-the-Second-Amendment maternal instincts to Britain's Mail on Sunday.

And, as an added warning, the protective mom of Maddox, 6, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, Shiloh, 2, and the still-baking, Brad Pitt-spawned double buns in her oven, points out that she "bought original, real guns of the type we used in 'Tomb Raider' for security."

"Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one," acknowledges Jolie, who is out stumping for the soon-to-be-released thriller, "Wanted," in which she plays a weapons-wielding assassin. "And yes, I'd be able to use it if I had to. I could handle myself. I think there are certain combat skills that would come out. I tend to want to throw an elbow."

Says the goodwill-promoting earth mother, "There's a side to me that people know is humanitarian, and there's a side to me that's a mommy. But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns."
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Interesting.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

They have to be misquoting her. I could have sworn I had heard her in the past say that noone should be allowed to own guns. If this story is true, I may actually start to like her.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Good for Jolie. Maybe she has seen the world for what it is, what it was, and what it will be. Stay armed, stay safe, stay trained.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    If this story is true, I may actually start to like her.
    If this story is an outrageous lie, I still have to like her. A relationship could work even if the woman was not allowed to speak, right?

And I still can't wait to see how she plays Dagny. She'll probably butcher it, but I'm sure I'll have to see it at least a few times to see how bad.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Exactly why some overpaid movie star who made her money with a skin tight jumpsuit & a pair of H&K USP pistols opinion on the right to bear arms is relevant, I'll never understand.

She is an actor. A good looking one, yes...but ultimately, rather inconsequential.

Besides, she, like most people in the movie buisness, have a standard for themselves, and one for the rest of us.

We can look to the example of Sean Penn who has a CA carry permit, carries a glock but is a big time anti-gunner for the rest of us.

We need more of Hollywood taking up this type of stance.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I guess she is learning from some of her movies.

MSN Entertainment - Hot Gossip
    Yea, talk is cheap! Believe her when I see it.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Be careful. She is one of the celebs that thinks no one but HER should be able to own a gun.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Be careful. She is one of the celebs that thinks no one but HER should be able to own a gun.
    Na, that's hard to believe?
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Interesting to say the least.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    [...] the still-baking, Brad Pitt-spawned double buns in her oven [...]
    Good heavens but so-called "journalists" are crude and tasteless.

But that's a plus for Ms. Jolie. She still is a mushy-headed peacenik for the most part, but I have now seen her quoted on a coulpe different issues where she has proved apparently capable of thinking outside the Hollywood groupthink box. So, even if I disagree with her on a lot of things I can give her half a point at least for doing her own thinking.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Exactly why some overpaid movie star who made her money with a skin tight jumpsuit & a pair of H&K USP pistols opinion on the right to bear arms is relevant, I'll never understand.

She is an actor. A good looking one, yes...but ultimately, rather inconsequential.

Besides, she, like most people in the movie buisness, have a standard for themselves, and one for the rest of us.

We can look to the example of Sean Penn who has a CA carry permit, carries a glock but is a big time anti-gunner for the rest of us.
    Unfortunately (right or wrong, relevant or not), our society today sees actors and actresses like other countries see royalty. They set the trends in fashion, in music, in childcare, in fads and diets and anyone who thinks for a second that they don't influence political movements is missing some pretty big warning signs.

It's unfortunate, but true that our celebrities can and do pave some political pathways.

This isn't the first time, or even the second, I've heard of Angelina Jolie speaking in favor of guns. Hopefully it sticks and some people think again. Because if Angelina Jolie is willing to defend her family with a firearm, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all.

She's still annoying.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Unfortunately (right or wrong, relevant or not), our society today sees actors and actresses like other countries see royalty.
    Yeah, I've heard others mention several times that Europeans view Hollywood icons as "America's Royalty". And, it's not just the Europeans who treat them as such.

Glad to have her on board for self-defense, even if the 2A was never part of the discussion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links