Church And The 2A

Church And The 2A

This is a discussion on Church And The 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those who wonder why some states have laws against carrying guns in church. When you have this many religious organizations coming out against the ...

Church And The 2A

For those who wonder why some states have laws against carrying guns in church. When you have this many religious organizations coming out against the 2A, is it no wonder the anti's argue against it as a God given right?

Matter of Faith » The church and gun control
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Many religious groups profess the moral superiority of the victim compared to one who would use violence in their defense.

They don't call them flocks for nothing.

"If God had not meant them to be fleeced he would not have made them sheep." The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

"Turning the other cheek" nowhere compares to sitting there and allowing mass murder. Yes I carry at church, and yes it's allowed - and encouraged.

VIP Member
    A Catholic's view.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

2263 The legitimate defense of persons and societies is not an exception to the prohibition against the murder of the innocent that constitutes intentional killing. "The act of self-defense can have a double effect: the preservation of one's own life; and the killing of the aggressor. . . . The one is intended, the other is not."65
    (65 St. Thomas Aquinas, STh II-II, 64, 7, corp. art.)

2264 Love toward oneself remains a fundamental principle of morality. Therefore it is legitimate to insist on respect for one's own right to life. Someone who defends his life is not guilty of murder even if he is forced to deal his aggressor a lethal blow.
    Now, I read that the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in 2000 published the following: “in the long run and with few exceptions (i.e., police officers, military use), handguns should be eliminated from our society.” But since the first quotes I posted were from the last update of the CCC in 1997, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops went against the established parameters of the Catholic Church. And seeing the way they handled the pederast priests, I am not surprised they once again screwed it up.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops went against the established parameters of the Catholic Church. And seeing the way they handled the pederast priests, I am not surprised they once again screwed it up.
    This would come under the old saying of "Criminals prefer unarmed Victims."

Senior Moderator
    An interesting observation...
    most of the churchs that are anti-gun also support and encourage homsexuality.

Where I am located, many of the local pastors have CHL permits. Its the Catholics and the offshoots that discourage owning guns for self defense.

The Protestant Denominations here are very supportive...to the point of allowing CHL classes in their Sunday school areas and even encouraging their members to attend.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    An interesting observation...
    most of the churchs that are anti-gun also support and encourage homsexuality.

Where I am located, many of the local pastors have CHL permits. Its the Catholics and the offshoots that discourage owning guns for self defense.

The Protestant Denominations here are very supportive...to the point of allowing CHL classes in their Sunday school areas and even encouraging their members to attend.
    I believe your are mistaken or misinformed about the Catholics or their offshoots, (which could be regarded as any protestant religion) discouraging ownership of guns for self defense, or encouragement or support of homosexuality. Case and point, our priest has his CHL. There is nothing other than state law, which Arkansas is one of them, that doesn't allow carrying in a Catholic Church. I carry to mine every time I go.

Lets not confuse some individuals actions with what a particular church or religions stance on a subject is.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

FWIW,

My pastor actually carries into the pulpit and he views it as his duty before God as a shepherd to be able to protect the sheep entrusted to him.

1943 - 2009
    Rule #8:

We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not focus on these subjects in our discussions. We encourage you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Links