IMHO Fox news is the biggest enemy of gun rights in the media.

This is a discussion on IMHO Fox news is the biggest enemy of gun rights in the media. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CNN, Fox news, MSNBC, ABC ? Which one is the worst when it comes to gun rights and painting an accurate picture of gun owners? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMHO Fox news is the biggest enemy of gun rights in the media.

CNN, Fox news, MSNBC, ABC ? Which one is the worst when it comes to gun rights and painting an accurate picture of gun owners?

IMHO, I thought CNN was pretty bad is it relates to media bias and perversion of the truth but I can't see this because I find that Lou Dobbs out of ALL of the media morons on TV makes the most sense, ESPECIALLY when it comes to issues on gun rights... Shawn Vanity from Fox news is the total opposite IMHO... here is a character that wears the tag of a "conservative" yet I have seen him repeatedly claim on how "reasonable" New York City gun laws are... he said it was "reasonable" to charge perspective gun buyers hundreds of dollars to get the permit to buy, too wait several months to a year for it etc... and he dominates the air waves and calls himself a "conservative?!" No wander he was a lap dog for Giuliani and Liberman!!!

Out of ALL the biggest anti gun commentators in the media, IMHO, Fox news is rapidly winning on this front... I have seen those dumb blonds over there calling the Glock a "weapon of mass destruction." The perverts in the media should give people like that a medal for all I care... I have seen them have a so called "discussion" on CCW permit holders carrying on campus, and guess how Fox news portrayed them as? They pained a picture of social deviants, as paranoid schizophrenics, as potential mass murderers just waiting to go off like a bomb, that's what they think we CCW permit holders really are... the show was a disgusting spectacle and I never seen ANYTHING as bad as that so far, not from CNN or ABC (both of which actual had pro gun reports in the past and articles on concealed carry)

YouTube - Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime

YouTube - Lou Dobbs, only friend of the 2nd amendment in the media

"Fair and balanced" my rear end, I spit at Fox news... at lest wolf boy over at CNN has a reason for being such a distorter of truth, he prostitutes himself when he gives "interviews" but he is an all out open liberal, same goes for Chris Moron from "hard ball' and the other idiots... but Fox news who love to carry those like Vannity and Old Riley as "conservative" and "fair and balanced?" I spit on them!

I would gladly take Glen Beck or Lou Dobbs, and Michael Savage (who use to be on MSNBC, the savage nation) over anyone those frauds over at Fox can cook up.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Aside from John Stossel specials ABCNews largely does not present an opinion toward or against arms in America.

As to Fox news that is the televised version of the National Enquirer and Readers Digest.
    They have a specific sort of market appeal.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Aside from John Stossel specials ABCNews largely does not present an opinion toward or against arms in America.

As to Fox news that is the televised version of the National Enquirer and Readers Digest.
    They have a specific sort of market appeal.

- Janq
    Yea, Fox news reminds of those trash magazines talking about what Hollywood moron is fat, who's who in drug rehab, who is the biggest slut etc... yea, they market to the lowest common denominator in our sociaty, not to the most intelligent.
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Fox use to be the only station I watched. However I stopped watching tv all together. Everyone has an agenda that does not take the common man into consideration.
    NRA Member

Never heard Hanity say anything negative about 2A. In fact, I'm pretty sure Hanity and O'Reiley both own handguns...and I know Judge Napolitano is pro 2A.

Edit...

Shepard Smith is also pro 2A.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

smokescreen

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    CNN, Fox news, MSNBC, ABC ? Which one is the worst when it comes to gun rights and painting an accurate picture of gun owners?
    sounds like a "smokescreen" for a far-left agenda...

jp

Yea, Fox news reminds of those trash magazines talking about what Hollywood moron is fat, who's who in drug rehab, who is the biggest slut etc... yea, they market to the lowest common denominator in our sociaty, not to the most intelligent.
    Wow you must be pretty left wing then.
    "An armed society is a polite society"

I think you need to recheck your channels... sounds like MSNBC , but I haven't heard those on FOX.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar

IMHO, I thought CNN was pretty bad is it relates to media bias and perversion of the truth but I can't see this because I find that Lou Dobbs out of ALL of the media morons on TV makes the most sense, ESPECIALLY when it comes to issues on gun rights... Shawn Vanity from Fox news is the total opposite IMHO... here is a character that wears the tag of a "conservative" yet I have seen him repeatedly claim on how "reasonable" New York City gun laws are... he said it was "reasonable" to charge perspective gun buyers hundreds of dollars to get the permit to buy, too wait several months to a year for it etc... and he dominates the air waves and calls himself a "conservative?!" No wander he was a lap dog for Giuliani and Liberman!!!

Out of ALL the biggest anti gun commentators in the media, IMHO, Fox news is rapidly winning on this front... I have seen those dumb blonds over there calling the Glock a "weapon of mass destruction." The perverts in the media should give people like that a medal for all I care... I have seen them have a so called "discussion" on CCW permit holders carrying on campus, and guess how Fox news portrayed them as? They pained a picture of social deviants, as paranoid schizophrenics, as potential mass murderers just waiting to go off like a bomb, that's what they think we CCW permit holders really are... the show was a disgusting spectacle and I never seen ANYTHING as bad as that so far, not from CNN or ABC (both of which actual had pro gun reports in the past and articles on concealed carry)

"Fair and balanced" my rear end, I spit at Fox news... at lest wolf boy over at CNN has a reason for being such a distorter of truth, he prostitutes himself when he gives "interviews" but he is an all out open liberal, same goes for Chris Moron from "hard ball' and the other idiots... but Fox news who love to carry those like Vannity and Old Riley as "conservative" and "fair and balanced?" I spit on them!

I would gladly take Glen Beck or Lou Dobbs, and Michael Savage (who use to be on MSNBC, the savage nation) over anyone those frauds over at Fox can cook up.
    Actually, Hannity, O'Reilly and the other pundits at Fox are all pro guns. I imagine you have never actually seen some of the many interviews Hannity has with Ted Nugent. O'Reilly was also leaning towards to the campus concealed carry in his many debates though he sometimes tries not to inject his personal view when he has guests on both sides of the issue.

I would also recommend that rather using childish names such as 'Sean Vanity' or 'Chris Moron' that you craft your arguments with opinions backed up by facts. Calling people cutesy, insulting names does nothing to instill confidence in your opinions nor in your ability to conduct yourself appropriately in a debate.

I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Best advice you can take.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by distortion9 View Post
    Never heard Hanity say anything negative about 2A. In fact, I'm pretty sure Hanity and O'Reiley both own handguns...and I know Judge Napolitano is pro 2A.

Edit...

Shepard Smith is also pro 2A.
    One of the guys who have represented the Brady Campain claims to be a shooter and own guns too... just because people own or shoot a gun does not make them true supporters of the 2nd Amendment... they have hunters out there who want to take away your right to carry a handgun for self protection and even worst, an all out ban on handguns... just ask Obama and his so called '2nd Amendment supporters' who claim to be hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    Wow you must be pretty left wing then.
    No, not at all, you can't place people like me inside a box of labels... If you ever heard of Michael Savage on the Savage nation, I greatly doubt you would think it's a "left wing" show... All these news networks who have their fakos calling themselves "conservatives" and bla bla bla have done a lot to pervert things like the 2nd Amendment, and that's nothing new because perhaps in their hearts they play the little people like fools just to get elected and for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Actually, Hannity, O'Reilly and the other pundits at Fox are all pro guns. I imagine you have never actually seen some of the many interviews Hannity has with Ted Nugent. O'Reilly was also leaning towards to the campus concealed carry in his many debates though he sometimes tries not to inject his personal view when he has guests on both sides of the issue.

I would also recommend that rather using childish names such as 'Sean Vanity' or 'Chris Moron' that you craft your arguments with opinions backed up by facts. Calling people cutesy, insulting names does nothing to instill confidence in your opinions nor in your ability to conduct yourself appropriately in a debate.
    I use to watch them on TV and you don't have to believe me when I heard Hannidy claim his NYC gun laws are 'reasonable'... the Brady campaign and him have a lot in common because they both don't see anything wrong with making people wait for weeks and having payed $100s in a messily application. When the Brady campaign and someone like Hannidy agree on something like that, you telling me that's a true supporter of the 2nd Amendment?

Ted Nugent is totally different IMHO, he tells it like it is.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Clearly you have not been exposed to true left-wing types. In Canada all of the above are considered spawn of Satan by our self appointed moral guardians of all that is holy.

Wow, I watch Fox news quite a bit. While they are not perfect by any means I dont see this "hollywood connection" and those of us that watch some of Fox news are "lowest common denominator"? I love Mr. Savage and listen to him quite a bit but I think he sometimes sounds quite jealous of Fox News (and sounds like CR2008 is getting his talking points from some of Michaels rants for those of you who dont listen to Savage Nation). I have seen Lou Dobbs sound very liberal at times and Glenn Beck has said some very retarded things also, (stupid enough that I quit listening to him) along with some great things.

FWIW, I consider myself way right of all of 'em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links