More buffoonery from the antis.......

More buffoonery from the antis.......

This is a discussion on More buffoonery from the antis....... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First let me preface this with a quote: "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: More buffoonery from the antis.......

  1. #1
    VIP Member
    Array goawayfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fork Union, Virginia
    Posts
    2,701

    More buffoonery from the antis.......

    First let me preface this with a quote:
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
    Here are two stories from absolute morons....but yet, they get printed......

    Let's take gun control to another level -- Page 1 -- Times Union - Albany NY

    ....If we can have sobriety checkpoints and now motorcycle checkpoints, why don't we have cops creating gun checkpoints?.....

    .....If it's legal to stop people driving a car down the street to see if they are drunk, why isn't it legal to stop people walking down the street to see if they have a gun?....
    The sad thing is the author has no clue as to why he is SO WRONG!

    Here's another:

    DAY SEVEN: America is being governed in accordance with laws created by people who thought the Earth was flat? - Worksop Today

    TODAY I would like to take umbrage with an issue that has perplexed me for some time.

    The so called 'right to bear arms'. The Second Amendment. The untouchable written clause in the American way that gives anyone - from a yeehaa Texan President to a yahoo Detroit drug dealer - the God-given right to wield a weapon capable of causing death.

    How? Why? I don't get it. This is not something level-headed and even sane people should do. Unless you're a farmer with a need to shoot vermin, perhaps.

    For anyone who doesn't know, America is governed by a written constitution. A series of amendments cast in stone - like the Commandments handed to Moses.

    The UK is governed by an unwritten constitution. The UK's laws are not easily changed, but if a law becomes archaic, out-dated or unworkable, it can be changed. You've got more chance of hell freezing over than you have of changing the US constitution.

    These laws were adopted in 1789, a time when a police force per se did not exist. The reason people kept arms was because the people WERE the police. They were asked to keep watch on the community and confront any suspicious persons.

    So let me get this straight. The most powerful and developed country in the world is being run in accordance with rules set when people still thought the Earth was flat?

    How can anyone justify owning something which is created to cause destruction, death and misery?.......

    .......Why can't the second amendment be scrapped? All guns could be taken into a police station and destroyed. Following this period of amnesty, anyone caught with a firearm, without an appropriate licence, should be arrested.

    I'm not saying British law is better at all. I'm saying the Second Amendment - the right for everyone and anyone to own a gun - is absurd.

    I may be misjudging the vociferousness with which Americans will defend their 'right' to own something which, in the wrong hands, can - as in this case - take away the lives of a doting mother and her nine-month-old baby.....

    .....Maybe I can be convinced that owning guns is a good thing.

    I doubt that too.
    Another who doesn't understand the the U.S.'s 2A is the only amendment that has allowed his country to continue to speak English....rather than German. It has kept the US safe from foreign military invasion.....which for the time being is the only hope for any freedom in not only this country but all the others that have any freedoms left.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,838
    The Wright quote is the most intelligent thing you quoted there, sir. By a long shot...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

    SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array Rob99VMI04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Posts
    3,569
    TODAY I would like to take umbrage with an issue that has perplexed me for some time.

    The so called 'right to bear arms'. The Second Amendment. The untouchable written clause in the American way that gives anyone - from a yeehaa Texan President to a yahoo Detroit drug dealer - the God-given right to wield a weapon capable of causing death.

    YES/NO:
    The president like many of us and Law abiding therefore, he falls under the protections of the constitution. The drug dealer is a criminal therefore having a gun is a crime in that case since he is engaged in a criminal activity.



    How? Why? I don't get it. This is not something level-headed and even sane people should do. Unless you're a farmer with a need to shoot vermin, perhaps.

    BECAUSE YOUR A MORON and you have never experienced shooting nor do you actually understand what freedom is.

    For anyone who doesn't know, America is governed by a written constitution. A series of amendments cast in stone - like the Commandments handed to Moses.

    Thats what makes us the best country in the world people flock to us to leave their dictatorish countries where they are oppressed indiviuals who if tried to write an article like you are doing would have their hands chopped off and there familys murdered. Humm maybe its time you leave this freedom loving country.


    The UK is governed by an unwritten constitution. The UK's laws are not easily changed, but if a law becomes archaic, out-dated or unworkable, it can be changed. You've got more chance of hell freezing over than you have of changing the US constitution.

    CHECKS AND BALANCES.....Please feel free to leave the US any time.

    These laws were adopted in 1789, a time when a police force per se did not exist. The reason people kept arms was because the people WERE the police. They were asked to keep watch on the community and confront any suspicious persons.

    POLICE only have power because we the citizens grant them those powers to enforce the law. Here is reality STUPID why don't do some research before you put ink to paper and see that police are report takers and have a responsiblity to the community NOT to the individual. SCOTUS has ruled time and time again police have no responsibilty to YOU or I only to the community. If you call 911 and guess what your throat is cut before they can make there. DOG GONE DAGNABIT ooo well "sorry about that " and no your not allowed to sue or hold the city/police responsible for your personal safety.

    So let me get this straight. The most powerful and developed country in the world is being run in accordance with rules set when people still thought the Earth was flat?

    Thats why we are the most powerful and developed country in the WORLD STUPID!!! Innovation, free will, free-enterprise, freedom of expression, FREEEEEEDOOOOMM PLEASE PLEASE MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY!!!

    How can anyone justify owning something which is created to cause destruction, death and misery?.......

    Pens have recorded more ideas on paper which led to brainwashing people that ended up in the slaughtering of MILLIONS. So can I ban your pen? or keyboard? NO ITS CALLED FREEEDOM...

    .......Why can't the second amendment be scrapped? All guns could be taken into a police station and destroyed. Following this period of amnesty, anyone caught with a firearm, without an appropriate licence, should be arrested.

    Men/women who plow their guns into dust will become slaves and Plow fields for those who did not.

    I'm not saying British law is better at all. I'm saying the Second Amendment - the right for everyone and anyone to own a gun - is absurd.

    Yes you are please move to england ban more things over there...OO by the way the lady who just pushed to ban swords and knives I think she was just murdered by a knife.

    I may be misjudging the vociferousness with which Americans will defend their 'right' to own something which, in the wrong hands, can - as in this case - take away the lives of a doting mother and her nine-month-old baby.....

    And in the right hands of the law abiding sheepdog prevent that mother of the nine month old baby from loosing their lives. Sorry your now an UDDER MORON.

    .....Maybe I can be convinced that owning guns is a good thing.

    I don't think so Your dumb, you live in one of the most crime ridden cities in the world run by liberal idiots who have no idea what its like to live in an actual free country. You think that if somebody pushes you phyiscally telling them to stop will make it happen because the person pushing you is not supposed to touch you. Your an idiot. However, your the first people that lash out against the people that have give you your individual freedoms and let you sleep in comfort everynight thinking your quote unquote safe.

    Your a hippocrite, a moron, and since you hate america so much, take your own advice and please leave before you tant the gene pool.

    Sorry guys thanks for letting me rant.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array edr9x23super's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,108
    I would say this:

    The reason we still have guns here in the USA is to prevent what has already happened in your country. Enjoy your cameras watching your every move; the microphones listening to your private conversations, even when you and your wife are..... well, we know what happens there. we also have guns because over here, we have the god-given right to fight back and defend ourselves. You don't have that right anymore because you are a nation of subjects, not citizens like we are. You didn't have the stomach to toss the "royals" out on their ears and make them work for a living like everybody else. We did back in 1776 and have reaped the benefits ever since. So enjoy what you have over there, which isn't nearly as much as we have got. Enjoy getting the crap beat out of you and not being able to fight back. And don't worry about getting invaded or anything like that, because we gun-toting americans will always be there to guard your back just like we were in WWII, and the recent war on terror.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

  5. #5
    VIP Member
    Array grady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    2,840
    How? Why? I don't get it. This is not something level-headed and even sane people should do. Unless you're a farmer with a need to shoot vermin, perhaps.
    When you get assaulted by gun-toting criminals who want to rape your wife and kill you, then maybe you'll get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    CHECKS AND BALANCES.....Please feel free to leave the US any time.


    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    You didn't have the stomach to toss the "royals" out on their ears and make them work for a living like everybody else. We did back in 1776 and have reaped the benefits ever since.
    +1,000,000

    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    And don't worry about getting invaded or anything like that, because we gun-toting americans will always be there to guard your back just like we were in WWII, and the recent war on terror.
    When other countries choose to disarm, and criticize us for remaining armed, maybe we should respect their choices and let them deal with whatever consequences come their way due to their choices.

    Translation: maybe we should stop bailing their out.

  6. #6
    Member Array K-31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    22
    The quoted writer's premise is wrong: the Constitution has been amended lots of times. Now, does that mean the 2nd Amendment will be repealed? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!1!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array Roadrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NW PA
    Posts
    737
    So let me get this straight. The most powerful and developed country in the world is being run in accordance with rules set when people still thought the Earth was flat? (emphasis added)
    Not only is the author completely clueless of the value of firearms in the right hands in our society, he isn't well acquainted with history. Christopher Columbus sailed west to prove the earth was a globe in 1492. You know, almost 300 years before the US Constitution was written. Which begs the question; how valuable is the opinion of a writer who uses a completely inaccurate historical reference to justify his position?
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array Kerbouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Not only is the author completely clueless of the value of firearms in the right hands in our society, he isn't well acquainted with history. Christopher Columbus sailed west to prove the earth was a globe in 1492. You know, almost 300 years before the US Constitution was written. Which begs the question; how valuable is the opinion of a writer who uses a completely inaccurate historical reference to justify his position?
    It's interesting that you say that the writer is not well acquainted with history and then follow it up with a false statement(no offense intended, when I read the article the OP posted my ire was already roused, it's people like him that promulgate this fallacy.) Christopher Columbus did not set out to prove that the Earth was a globe.

    Christopher Columbus set out to 'prove' that the globe was about 1/3 of the size it actually is. He believed it was shorter to reach the Indies by traveling around the world. He was wrong, and if he hadn't of landed in the America's his crew would have starved to death.

    People have known the Earth was round for thousands of years. I really wish our schools would stop teaching drivel.

    Ever since man began to sail he knew the earth was round, and it was proven every time a ship disappeared over the horizon. Atlas of Greek Mythology was shouldering a globe, not a plate.

    As far as why Columbus had trouble getting funding, it was because he was completely wrong about the size of the Earth and the distances involved and everybody he tried to get funding from knew it.

    In any case, the author is still incorrect. There was nobody in the 1700's who believed the Earth was flat...but it was commonly known to be a sphere long before that.(hundreds of years B.C. and quite possibly thousands of years)

    Sorry about the rant, but the Columbus thing irks me. It's hard to believe so large a portion of our population are duped into thinking Columbus was some genius that changed modern thinking. He didn't become that until his "biography" was written in the late 1800's.

    And Yes, the author is as clueless about firearms as he is about history. Unfortunately, there are not 'reasonable restrictions' on the First Amendment to keep people like him from reaching the public with his drivel.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

    http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

    Who is John Galt?

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    45,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    It's interesting that you say that the writer is not well acquainted with history and then follow it up with a false statement(no offense intended, when I read the article the OP posted my ire was already roused, it's people like him that promulgate this fallacy.) Christopher Columbus did not set out to prove that the Earth was a globe.

    Christopher Columbus set out to 'prove' that the globe was about 1/3 of the size it actually is. He believed it was shorter to reach the Indies by traveling around the world. He was wrong, and if he hadn't of landed in the America's his crew would have starved to death.

    People have known the Earth was round for thousands of years. I really wish our schools would stop teaching drivel.

    Ever since man began to sail he knew the earth was round, and it was proven every time a ship disappeared over the horizon. Atlas of Greek Mythology was shouldering a globe, not a plate.

    As far as why Columbus had trouble getting funding, it was because he was completely wrong about the size of the Earth and the distances involved and everybody he tried to get funding from knew it.

    In any case, the author is still incorrect. There was nobody in the 1700's who believed the Earth was flat...but it was commonly known to be a sphere long before that.(hundreds of years B.C. and quite possibly thousands of years)

    Sorry about the rant, but the Columbus thing irks me. It's hard to believe so large a portion of our population are duped into thinking Columbus was some genius that changed modern thinking. He didn't become that until his "biography" was written in the late 1800's.

    And Yes, the author is as clueless about firearms as he is about history. Unfortunately, there are not 'reasonable restrictions' on the First Amendment to keep people like him from reaching the public with his drivel.
    Well, we could just do away with both the 1st and 2nd Amendments...problem solved......what a blooming "ID 10 T"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  10. #10
    Member Array smotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    233
    By God! It's brilliant. Ban guns all together and all the criminals will turn theirs in...everyone will be safe!

    My God, why has it taken us so long to think of this? Just look what happened when they outlawed the drugs? It's Brilliant I tell you!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array Roadrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NW PA
    Posts
    737
    It's a well known event with a firm date. I'm well aware that others knew the earth was round before Columbus, but his voyage is the one that proved it as a certainty and is most associated with disproving the earth as flat.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    It's a well known event with a firm date. I'm well aware that others knew the earth was round before Columbus, but his voyage is the one that proved it as a certainty and is most associated with disproving the earth as flat.
    Associated only by poorly taught history. Kerbouchard is spot on. Columbus was trying to prove that the globe was smaller than generally thought, and he turned out to wrong---but fortuitously so. The astrolabe used for navigation at the time in fact depends on the curvature of a spherical earth to work.

    Not that I generally consider Wikipedia a reliable source, but the entry there does the history justice:

    * Christopher Columbus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

    SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array Rob72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,468
    People in Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Brazil, Ecuador, etc., etc., unanimously disagree with the prissy little bum-puncher. Its easy to disregard human rights when you're one of the elite.

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arapahoe County CO
    Posts
    1,807
    The Greek Eratosthenes knew from his forebears that the earth was spherical and used geometry to measure its diameter (fairly accurately) around 240 BCE. Educated people have known for at least 2300 years that the earth was not flat. Dark Ages Europeans lacked the necessary education; apparently "Worksop Guardian Editor George Robinson" still lacks it.

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,233
    As a side note, I've been to the pile of rubble that used to be Columbus' house in Genoa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Antis that don't fit the mold?
    By ExSoldier in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM
  2. Message to the Antis
    By DaveH in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 20th, 2009, 08:31 PM
  3. Hypocrisy not confined to US antis...
    By OPFOR in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 19th, 2007, 11:44 AM
  4. Kansas Antis are Sneaky
    By mark555 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: February 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
  5. Don't Tell The Antis About this!
    By Euclidean in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 20th, 2005, 11:54 AM