A True Threat To Freedom

A True Threat To Freedom

This is a discussion on A True Threat To Freedom within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From another forum I found this June 2008 American Rifleman article A True Threat To Freedom By John C. Sigler, President Right now, one of ...

Thread: A True Threat To Freedom

A True Threat To Freedom

From another forum I found this June 2008 American Rifleman article
    A True Threat To Freedom
    By John C. Sigler, President

Right now, one of the most antigun politicians ever to set foot in Washington, D.C., may be just one election away from the Oval Office and far too few gun owners realize the true threat to freedom this candidate represents. No, it's not Hillary Clinton-we already know how bad she is. It's Senator Barack H. Obama, D-III., the man who promises "change "while pretending to offer "hope:' But exactly what kind of "change" is Obama "hoping" for? It is far too easy for gun owners to slip into a false sense of security, unquestioningly accepting the candidate's promises and proclamations regarding the Second Amendment; but the unreported truth is that Barack Obama has an atrocious record on your most fundamental civil right-the right to a firearm for self-defense. Over the years, Barack Obama has either voiced support for, or voted to enact, laws to:
    ban all handguns ban the sale or transfer of all semiautomatic firearms
    ban the Right-to-Carry in every state, nationwide
    ban firearms in the home, even for self protection And he voted against a "self-defense exception; 'which absolves folks of violating gun bans when their reason for violating those bans is to fend off criminal attack in the home. Go to Obama's website and you'll see his claims of respect for your rights claims which are, at best, misleading. Obama's website claims, "He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport and use guns for the purposes of hunting and target shooting:' But as the bumper sticker says-"The Second Amendment ain't about duck hunting:'
    In 1996, Obama 's Illinois state senate campaigns were a questionnaire indicating his support for a blanket ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns in Illinois.
    In 2000, Obama sponsored a "one gun- a-month" law to ration the Second Amendment rights of the law-abiding citizens of Illinois. Obama has supported bans on ammunition magazines, gun-lock mandates, renewal of the 1994 Clinton gun ban and California style gun registration. He voted against confirmation of both Chief Justice Robert's and Justice Alito for the U.S. Supreme Court, and then refused to sign the pro-gun "friend-of-the-court" brief filed by 55 other senators and 250 House members in the District of Columbia v Heller gun ban case. In July 2005, Obama voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in
    Arms Act a vote against the rights of every law-abiding gun owner, dealer and manufacturer in america, and a vote against our national defense.
    Obama even proposed a federal law banning licensed firearm dealers from operating within five miles of any school or park, nationwide! Imagine a map with a five-mile circle drawn around every school and park in the United States. Unless you live in the wilderness interior of Alaska, you probably couldn't find a
    law-abiding gun dealer anywhere under Obama's ban! Yet, while Obama's disdain for Second Amendment freedom appears limitless, his attitude toward armed, violent criminals has been one of benign neglect,
    at best. In 1999, on a vote in the Illinois senate on whether to try teenage gang bangers as adults when they fire a gun on or near school grounds, Obama voted "present" -the functional equivalent of" NO"!
    In 2001, when Illinois lawmakers tried to control rampant gang violence by making gang members eligible for the death penalty when they commit murder to help their gang, Obama voted against
    the measure. Responding to a Chicago Tribune questionnaire, Obama said he believed federal mandatory-sentencing laws used to put armed and violent predators behind bars should be abolished! And if those same violent criminals attack you, Obama opposes your fundamental, God-given right to protect
    yourself. He opposes your Right to Carry. In fact, according to Obama's own hometown newspaper, the Chicago Tribune, Obama supports federal legislation to ban the Right to Carry for everyone but
    police officers! Obama supported Washington, D.Cs total ban on handguns in the home for
    self-defense; and when Illinois lawmakers introduced a bill that would exonerate citizens for violating local gun bans if they used a gun to defend themselves in their homes, Obama voted "NO"! Even attorney Walter Dellinger, who tried to defend the Washington, D.C., gun ban before the u.s. Supreme Court, admitted, "It is a universal or near universal rule of criminal law that there is a self-defense exception. It goes without saying:' In other words, Barack Obama's position is even more anti-gun than the District of Columbia's! Obama's record is clear-his concept of "hope and change" will surely result in anti-gun/anti-freedom changes bringing more hopelessness for the most helpless in our society. Now is the time to act! Every gun owner in America must be alerted to Obama's record. Please, tear out this
    page, copy it and distribute it to fellow gun owners, hunters, shooters, family and friends. Spread the word and get ready for the most important election battle of our lifetime.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

and with Pelosi and Reid there... oh hell... what a mess that could be.

1943 - 2009
    Just a reminder.

Rule #8 applies. No general political discussion.

Please keep the discussion limited to 2A/RKBA issues.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    and with Pelosi and Reid there... oh hell... what a mess that could be.
    I am increasingly shocked that so many do not understand that Obama will make Slick Willy look like a friend of 2A. His home state Illinois is one of the most repressive anti gun states in the union. Obama has always been on the anti gun band wagon. I believe because he knows that armed citizens make lousy subjects. Has everyone already forgotten his comment “And it’s not surprising then they [small town America] get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.” I for one will be clinging to my God and my guns for as long as I suck air. You are right with Nancy Pelosi, Reid and you can add ol Hilary to the mix we are in for some very dark times, maybe the times in our history the founding fathers envisioned when the wrote the Second Amendment. When true patriots will once again be called militant radicals and revolutionaries. The guy is a bonifide megalomaniac, who I have no doubt has no qualms about disarming every American of every gun since that is exactly what he has advocated his entire political career. If he succeeds I have no doubt we will than hear about the need for a President for life

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

If nothing else is important to you politically you should be worried about this particular issue. The 2nd Amendment is what separates this country from all the rest. Believe me, I am an American citizen but in my birth country its a currupted "may issue" system and I have seen the suffering of the innocent by criminals and the inability of the police force to protect anyone. This is why I will support the candidates in all elections that truly support the 2A. "They are going to have to take it from my cold dead hands"
    NRA Member

Another set of "cold dead hands" here, too!

Molan Labe...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Shovel

I bought a new shovel and waterproof compartment. Maybe 2 miles in the woods.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

If nothing else is important to you politically you should be worried about this particular issue. The 2nd Amendment is what separates this country from all the rest. Believe me, I am an American citizen but in my birth country its a currupted "may issue" system and I have seen the suffering of the innocent by criminals and the inability of the police force to protect anyone. This is why I will support the candidates in all elections that truly support the 2A. "They are going to have to take it from my cold dead hands"
    Never forget.
    John McCain -- GOA 2008 Presidential Candidates and the Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    good luck finding that candidate.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Quote Originally Posted by xd.40sub View Post
    good luck finding that candidate.
    As usual we are stuck with picking the lesser of two evils. I can not recall anyone in my life time maybe in history any presidential candidate as anti 2A as Obama is. Given his druthers I am sure he would repeal 2A entirerly.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    As usual we are stuck with picking the lesser of two evils. I can not recall anyone in my life time maybe in history any presidential candidate as anti 2A as Obama is. Given his druthers I am sure he would repeal 2A entirerly.
    What's wrong with this candidate on the Second Amendment?

Bob Barr 2008 › Articles

Seems that there is a third choice other than the lesser of two evils.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Don't get me wrong here, I'm NOT an Obama supporter whatsoever, but I do have a question I don't quite understand:

Granted he's anti-gun, plus Illinois has been a very strict gun laws state. However the majority of voters there voted him in office, and that's their choosing.....they apparently got what they wanted? So those voters don't see gun ownership as an important issue to them. In fact it seems to me he has been "promoted" by the voters, based on his philosophies.

Why do the voters there cast votes that undermine their 2A rights?
    Are they satisfied with the status quo of their state's gun laws?
    Are there other Obama promises that interest them far more than 2A and RKBA?
    Do they simply feel helpless in that obtaining some 2A rights is going to be a losing battle?
    Have they been "conditioned" by their state governments culture on the citizens? (i.e.- became sheep)

I know that all the folks in Illinois are not Obama supporters nor are they sheep. We've got some good Illinois members here who are sicker about this than I am. I hope they could shed some light on the mind-set of the voters. I presume most of the Obama supporters are from the larger cities.

Help me understand better what goes on there. I think I know but I guess I'm looking for clarification. Here in Louisiana, New Orleans generally didn't vote with the rest of the state, but with the concentration of voters there it would overwhelm the rest of us. Well maybe not so much now since Katrina.
    Last edited by ppkheat; June 15th, 2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    This is the reason why you must find the time to vote this November no excuses ! It's your civic duty.We must be consistent voters to offset all
    the new voters the Democrats signed up.Let's hope they will be too busy with their lives to go vote because when I ask them about the second amendment
    most ask what's that. They seem so complacent you see who got to
    make our positions safe;us.

Think about the unintended consequences of having an anti-2nd president who also tried to implement communist social policies.

I don’t think you would need to visit Africa or the zoo to see the gorillas.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    What's wrong with this candidate on the Second Amendment?

Bob Barr 2008 › Articles

Seems that there is a third choice other than the lesser of two evils.
    Don't know anything about Bob Barr, nor I suspect do most voters. Though I liked what I saw at the link I think a vote for him will end up being a vote for Obama the Dem's learned that when liberals voted for Nadar it cost them the election. Sadly the same would happen in this case. We really only have two choices that can really be elected

Sponsored Links