DC Mayor and Semi - Page 3

DC Mayor and Semi

This is a discussion on DC Mayor and Semi within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The way I predict D.C. will work it is simple. The amnesty period is simply a chance for folks that already have their guns to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DC Mayor and Semi

The way I predict D.C. will work it is simple. The amnesty period is simply a chance for folks that already have their guns to get them registered now. The trick is how did they get them. If they owned them before they moved to the city and brought them with them they are OK. If they grew up in the city and show up to register one, well now we have an illegal interstate sale to look into. A dealers license fee will be in the neighborhood of say $5000. That license must be renewed every year. Dealers will not be permitted within one thousand feet of a school or another dealer. Dealers must have a bank style vault where inventory will be kept etc. etc. Then they might throw in restrictions on selling ammo at the same time as a firearm....... They will make it as close to impossible as they legally can.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Adrian M. Fenty, the mayor of Washington, said that officials here are considering an amnesty period during which people who own handguns can register them without penalty.

Mr. Fenty emphasized that it remains illegal to carry handguns outside the home and that only registered guns may be kept at home. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons will generally remain illegal, Mr. Fenty said.
    So I guess that only wheel guns are going to be allowed to be kept in the home ?

I'm in the hopes that ever single restrictive city or state is put through more and more litigation to the highest court regarding their "reasonable" restrictions.

Interestingly enough the Miller vs USA case held the language that his short barreled saw off shotgun "was not of common military use"

The hyprocrisy of these bans on semi autos and magazine fed weapons, assuming you understand "common military use" is beyond me, since liberals have alway's held the Miller case in their back pocket as some sort of precedent to taking all semi auto rifles off the table during the AWB rhetoric.

If the precedent sent with Miller vs USA is read correctly, then it held that all military style weapons where perfectly compatible with the 2nd Amendment. How will the liberals get around this argument ? After all, we now have thousands of Rem 870 Breachers that are in "common military use" It's a 10" pistol gripped 12 g shotgun.

Does anybody else see this hyprocrisy ??
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Too stupid to know when he has been beat. Someone had to say it.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

This is what I did not like about Heller....

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Adrian M. Fenty, the mayor of Washington, said that officials here are considering an amnesty period during which people who own handguns can register them without penalty.

Mr. Fenty emphasized that it remains illegal to carry handguns outside the home and that only registered guns may be kept at home. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons will generally remain illegal, Mr. Fenty said.
    Having to register a gun to keep in your home is Un-Reasonable if you ask me. It’s my legal property and it is my home. They can stuff their registration. This is what I did not like about the Heller decision, it allowed for “Reasonable” gun control by government but did not define what is reasonable.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I don't think the mayor's "semi" idea will go very far in court...OMO

Stay armed...semi or revolver...stay safe!

That's kinda funny.....

I'd rather be shot with a EVIL 9mm semi that a nice safe 44 mag revolver .....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

You would think they would rather have folks shooting semi-auto, on the odd chance that someone forgets to pick up their brass, brass that can be tied to the weapon, after a shooting incident.

Revolvers leave less evidence behind.

Quote Originally Posted by alfack View Post
    You would think they would rather have folks shooting semi-auto, on the odd chance that someone forgets to pick up their brass, brass that can be tied to the weapon, after a shooting incident.

Revolvers leave less evidence behind.
    If they did that, then they'd have to acknowledge that spent casings are rarely useful in solving crimes.

This way they can continue perpetuating the microstamping myth.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links