Very interesting lack of coverage

This is a discussion on Very interesting lack of coverage within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Neither msn.com nor my.msn.com now have any mention of Heller. They had it this afternoon, but now the 'big' breaking news story is about AIDS. ...

Neither msn.com nor my.msn.com now have any mention of Heller. They had it this afternoon, but now the 'big' breaking news story is about AIDS. Do they think ignoring the Supremes ruling will make it go away?

I haven't had time to check, but I suspect other mainstream media are also taking this approach. Our local news barely mentioned it and NBC Nightly News was on to the next story in record time.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Fox News has covered it extensively.

jp

AEA
    Fox has done a pretty good job of poking at the anti's as well.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    It was the top story on every national and local television news this evening.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

It was the top story on Katie Couric news center, (aka CBS). She interviewed the DC Mayor and actually, in a round about way, asked him why there was so much gun crime in DC now,why had the ban not made a difference in the past 35 yrs if it is so important. Of course he didn't answer and just spouted his talking points.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Dan Abrams of MSNBC.... went "livid" tonight... it was great.. he was very angry about the decision and asking really adamantly... "how stupid can they be to make this decision"... "do they not know what this will do "..... "how could they have done this... this is horrific". He really lost it tonight. He adamantly showed his feelings about it, and MSNBC's.

Obviously they thought this was going to go in their direction.... and some were caught off guard and unprepared. They showed their colors..... and they thought the American public were too dumb to make these decisions for themselves. Have they missed how many guns are sold yearly and are out there ??? Apparently they didn't understand.... most Americans already own guns.

Dan Abrams of MSNBC.... "do they not know what this will do ".....
    Of course "they" do. Blood will not run in the streets, as it hasn't run in the streets anywhere else in the U.S. due to liberalization of gun laws. Upstanding citizens will certainly start becoming armed in greater numbers, and they'll start using the guns against criminals. There will, indeed, be some negligent shootings, some instances of children and innocents acquiring access and causing harm. But there will also be a reduction in the cost of crime to innocents, as the nightmare level of crime begins to go down. Much to most of of this will be at the expense of criminals ... as it is everywhere else citizens go armed in greater numbers. That's as it should be.

Look at it this way: the murderous cesspool that this nation's capital has become can't hardly be worse under such a ruling. One can only hope that the DC-mites in temporary charge can pull the head out and begin to think clearly, once they see that NOT ALL GUNSHOTS are a bad thing. In the hands of an upstanding citizen, self defense should be held as the absolute good that it is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

MSNBC believes in the sheep mentality, that people cannot be trusted w/guns.
    These "reporters" at MSNBC are elitists,plain and simple. I bet a number of them own guns but that of course only applies to them.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Baltimore Sun:
    "We could have, but for one vote, lost this civil liberty," the 66-year-old said. "People need to realize that our freedoms are being encroached upon. In a truly free country, you don't need permission."
    True. All too true.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I see where law suits are already being filed in Illinois. Gotta love it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

This ruling will truly uncover all the sheep. When you talk about the media the word biased comes to mind. These people think that us "common" folks should not have any power and should rely on the state for everything.
    NRA Member

as the Washington DC mayor said....... these laws were to protect the citizens of this community. From what ? Themselves.... or thugs with illegal guns ? But , he can't answer why it hasn't protected anyone.

Same with ABCnews.com. It was on the front page on the first day, but the second day it was only in the political section and it wasn't even at the top. Nah, there's no bias there.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Dan Abrams of MSNBC.... went "livid" tonight... it was great.. he was very angry about the decision and asking really adamantly... "how stupid can they be to make this decision"... "do they not know what this will do "..... "how could they have done this... this is horrific". He really lost it tonight. He adamantly showed his feelings about it, and MSNBC's.
    The "blood on the streets" mentality reminds me of when Texas passed the CCW laws. Here's a story with a good ending. I've met this guy, a solid guy that represents the officers (he is also one) well.

"All the horror stories I thought would come to pass didn`t happen. . .. I think it`s worked out well, and that says good things about the citizens who have permits. I`m a convert."
    --Glenn White
    President, Dallas Police Association

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    It seems to be overrun by the Clinton/Obama lovefest and Mugabe election (You remember him, the darling of the left wing?)

Links