Defensive Carry banner

What if we had LOST the DC case?

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  The Old Anglo 
#1 ·
What would the country look like if we had lost the DC gun ban case? I tuned into Michael Savage and one caller told Savage about children having their limbs cut off by Mugabe supporters... and the fact that this POS dictator said "only God can remove him from office." Then there was the genocide over in Sudan and Rwanda and those flaccid, week kneed morons over at the UN were to concerned with telling these evil governments 'ohh that's bad, you should not doooo that' but all they had was talk and countless people died in the bloodbaths caused by these different government supported killers... the victims of these genocides were completely at the mercy of the government and their government supported killers... I guess it does not pay to pull at the hearts of such people because they have no heart to pull.

Considering that Government has MURDERED more people than any weapon ever did, any terror group, any street crime etc has, what would have happened if the supreme court ruled that the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right, what would have happened in this country?

Lets say, that in an alternate/parallel universe, these pinko communists, gun grabbing, anti freedom morons won, what then?

Government agents eventually knocking on your door saying 'We are here to collect your guns"? Waco Texas across the nation with armored cars shooting tear gas inside your place? Snipers outside and masked men kicking down your door?

This sort of thing made me think how fortunate we really are today... freedom is really not free at all, not when we have enemies within this Government who would think nothing of kicking down your door to take away your constitutional rights... Katrina any one?

I trust my gun more than the government as far as I am concerned
... because government is a corruptible entity and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Stalin, Hitler, Pot Pol would agree... Mugabe and those other 3rd world POS would too.

See less See more
#3 ·
And it was so close too, this is what scared me... just one person on the bench could have made a REAL change... What would the results have looked like under Obama the Marxist's nominated Judges?

I am telling you, our constitutional rights were literally on the razer's edge and perhaps many people did not realize that.

#4 · (Edited)
Revolution? Turmoil... I thought too long and hard about these posibilities. In the new dawn of historic SCOTUS president I will lay those fears aside and think on them no more.-Jay

#5 ·
You would have seen some members here see if they could handle being more than an armchair commando. Others? Who knows. Its a scary prospect to consider in the long term.

What I would prefer to think about... What if Miller and his lawyer had shown up for their case and won? The prospects for that are just astounding. A day at the range might include your Mossberg, a Sig, a Glock, and your towed 105mm on the hitch of your Chevy.

#6 ·
Bottom line is we didn't lose, and I don't want to think about what would happen if the 2A was suddenly pronounced null and void. I'm just exceedingly glad that we now have a strong individual rights ruling to stand on, and start pushing the pendulum the other way.

#7 ·
This would be what I would term a "thin ice" thread.

It also is a Hot Button topic.

Just a reminder to all members who intend to reply in this thread to please be careful of what you publicly post in Bumpers house.

#8 ·
What would of happened?

Nothing.

Nothing would of changed, nothing would of been done.

The case was about a law that has been on the books for 32 years. Might as well ask what would of happened if JFK wasn't killed.

Now we have change, and that is what we should focus on.

#9 ·
Bottom line is we didn't lose, and I don't want to think about what would happen if the 2A was suddenly pronounced null and void. I'm just exceedingly glad that we now have a strong individual rights ruling to stand on, and start pushing the pendulum the other way.
Right. We didn't lose.

It seems silly to wallow in the self pity of what might have occurred, but didn't, when so much work is still left to do.

#10 ·
What if we had LOST the DC case?
Did 'we' actually win? What have 'we' won? The constitution is black and white. Why was anything left to conjecture or translation in the first place? English is our country's official language, how is it we need to decipher anything?

#11 ·
If we would have lost, then there would have probably been a grass roots/NRA effort to impeach the Supreme Court. The anti-defense people would have pushed to enact stricter laws, and probably would have been successful. At that point, many law-abiding citizens would become criminals in the eyes of the court which would eventually lead to another test case to find out how thin the ice we were skating on really is.

#13 ·
I would argue, based on the language of most anti-gun groups a day after the ruling, that they are going to push for stricter gun laws anyways. While they have lost on bans, they argue (perhaps rightly so) that they now have stronger constitutional support for restrictions, such as registration, the AWB, etc.

#16 ·
Figures lie...and liars figure...it all depends upon what the meaning of 'is', is...

We are on the 'heavier' side of the scale for now...enjoy it!

Stay armed...buy more ammo...stay safe!

#22 ·
Sorry Guys, I disagree. Our right to bear arms was not determined by the Supreme Court in their last decision. The only question they answered was "Was can a local government ban firearm ownership?" State laws, as in New York, where I live are some of the most stringent in the nation, yet I havea cc permit and have had it for over 25 ears

#23 ·
1 NOVEMBER ELECTION, AND 1 SUPREME COURT APPOINTMENT.

Ladies and gentlemen this is all it will take, this is what Obama wants, this is what Hillary wants. Just 1 replacement for a Kennedy or a Conservative. SCOTUS chooses it’s cases, and if 1 more Liberal gets on the court they will revisit 2A. Along with a long laundry list of cases that they disagree with. A reversal of opinion is not unprecedented. With Terrorists that have never been on US soil getting constitutional Rights, child rapists getting protection, and 4 of them trying to deny you and me our’s 2A rights. Do you really think they will not revisit 2A. The next most important thing to happen in the Supreme Court is actually in the Executive Branch. If you are planning on sitting out because you don’t particularly like Mccain or want to vote for Paul in protest you are in fact voting for a 5-4 Liberal Majority on the Supreme Court and we are 1 Justice away, Just 1.

#25 ·
Be Happy!.

We need to be grateful for what we have in this matter. I shudder to think of what would happen if the liberals won this and canceled out the Second Amendment in total. It could have happened. Think about this. We could be waiting for the "Collection Teams" to begin the work of disarming America. As it is now Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the liberal riff-raff won`t sleep well tonight and I really like that thought. We need to watch who we vote for and what they`re about as far as our Rights go or we may find ourselves out on a short limb with nowhere to jump to. As far as trying to expand our win here?,I think this is not a good time to push the envelope or poke the wounded liberal bear. There will be plenty of battles ahead as this is not over by a long shot,we must ALWAYS be vigilant and protect OUR interests and safety. God Bless America,Always.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.