What if we had LOST the DC case?

This is a discussion on What if we had LOST the DC case? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What would the country look like if we had lost the DC gun ban case? I tuned into Michael Savage and one caller told Savage ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What if we had LOST the DC case?

What would the country look like if we had lost the DC gun ban case? I tuned into Michael Savage and one caller told Savage about children having their limbs cut off by Mugabe supporters... and the fact that this POS dictator said "only God can remove him from office." Then there was the genocide over in Sudan and Rwanda and those flaccid, week kneed morons over at the UN were to concerned with telling these evil governments 'ohh that's bad, you should not doooo that' but all they had was talk and countless people died in the bloodbaths caused by these different government supported killers... the victims of these genocides were completely at the mercy of the government and their government supported killers... I guess it does not pay to pull at the hearts of such people because they have no heart to pull.

Considering that Government has MURDERED more people than any weapon ever did, any terror group, any street crime etc has, what would have happened if the supreme court ruled that the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right, what would have happened in this country?

Lets say, that in an alternate/parallel universe, these pinko communists, gun grabbing, anti freedom morons won, what then?

Government agents eventually knocking on your door saying 'We are here to collect your guns"? Waco Texas across the nation with armored cars shooting tear gas inside your place? Snipers outside and masked men kicking down your door?

This sort of thing made me think how fortunate we really are today... freedom is really not free at all, not when we have enemies within this Government who would think nothing of kicking down your door to take away your constitutional rights... Katrina any one?

I trust my gun more than the government as far as I am concerned
    ... because government is a corruptible entity and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Stalin, Hitler, Pot Pol would agree... Mugabe and those other 3rd world POS would too.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

VIP Member
    This was my fear also. I'm glad it went our way.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    This was my fear also. I'm glad it went our way.
    And it was so close too, this is what scared me... just one person on the bench could have made a REAL change... What would the results have looked like under Obama the Marxist's nominated Judges?

I am telling you, our constitutional rights were literally on the razer's edge and perhaps many people did not realize that.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Revolution? Turmoil... I thought too long and hard about these posibilities. In the new dawn of historic SCOTUS president I will lay those fears aside and think on them no more.-Jay
    Last edited by Jason Rogers; June 27th, 2008 at 03:48 AM.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    You would have seen some members here see if they could handle being more than an armchair commando. Others? Who knows. Its a scary prospect to consider in the long term.

What I would prefer to think about... What if Miller and his lawyer had shown up for their case and won? The prospects for that are just astounding. A day at the range might include your Mossberg, a Sig, a Glock, and your towed 105mm on the hitch of your Chevy.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Bottom line is we didn't lose, and I don't want to think about what would happen if the 2A was suddenly pronounced null and void. I'm just exceedingly glad that we now have a strong individual rights ruling to stand on, and start pushing the pendulum the other way.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Administrator
    This would be what I would term a "thin ice" thread.

It also is a Hot Button topic.

Just a reminder to all members who intend to reply in this thread to please be careful of what you publicly post in Bumpers house.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    What would of happened?

Nothing.

Nothing would of changed, nothing would of been done.

The case was about a law that has been on the books for 32 years. Might as well ask what would of happened if JFK wasn't killed.

Now we have change, and that is what we should focus on.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Bottom line is we didn't lose, and I don't want to think about what would happen if the 2A was suddenly pronounced null and void. I'm just exceedingly glad that we now have a strong individual rights ruling to stand on, and start pushing the pendulum the other way.
    Right. We didn't lose.

It seems silly to wallow in the self pity of what might have occurred, but didn't, when so much work is still left to do.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Did 'we' actually win? What have 'we' won? The constitution is black and white. Why was anything left to conjecture or translation in the first place? English is our country's official language, how is it we need to decipher anything?

If we would have lost, then there would have probably been a grass roots/NRA effort to impeach the Supreme Court. The anti-defense people would have pushed to enact stricter laws, and probably would have been successful. At that point, many law-abiding citizens would become criminals in the eyes of the court which would eventually lead to another test case to find out how thin the ice we were skating on really is.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I suggest we not get too confident. There's alot of work to be done. Not much has really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    If we would have lost, then there would have probably been a grass roots/NRA effort to impeach the Supreme Court. The anti-defense people would have pushed to enact stricter laws, and probably would have been successful. At that point, many law-abiding citizens would become criminals in the eyes of the court which would eventually lead to another test case to find out how thin the ice we were skating on really is.
    I would argue, based on the language of most anti-gun groups a day after the ruling, that they are going to push for stricter gun laws anyways. While they have lost on bans, they argue (perhaps rightly so) that they now have stronger constitutional support for restrictions, such as registration, the AWB, etc.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I would argue, based on the language of most anti-gun groups a day after the ruling, that they are going to push for stricter gun laws anyways.
    I would agree.

They already don't like the fact that many of us use hollow point ammo, it is too inhumane .

They don't like that many people own AR-15 or AK's, etc. Whow on Earth outside of the military needs firepower such as that.

They don't like the fact that we can walk around with as many weapons as we can cover up, or not in some states, which means they don't know who has the guns (which is kind of the point).

The problem is, as I see it, is we have wallowed in our prosperity, we have worked too hard to keep up with the Jones' and we have allowed a corrupt bunch of ideological morons to remain in office for far too long. I myself am guilty of doing this as well. But I think it is high time that we get out and vote, I know many if not all on this forum do, but we also have to talk to others who don't; we all know at least 1, and make sure they know what is at stake. They need to know not just who is up for Prez and what they stand for but who they can appoint and who they bring with them, on either side fo the aisle.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Did 'we' actually win? What have 'we' won? The constitution is black and white. Why was anything left to conjecture or translation in the first place? English is our country's official language, how is it we need to decipher anything?
    Exactly. One has to wonder why the 5-4 decision. Seems to me it should have been 9 to zip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links