Conflicting Supreme Court decisions

This is a discussion on Conflicting Supreme Court decisions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So Rush just postulated a hypothetical situation. The Supreme Court just ruled that executing a child rapist is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court also ruled that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conflicting Supreme Court decisions

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Conflicting Supreme Court decisions

So Rush just postulated a hypothetical situation.

The Supreme Court just ruled that executing a child rapist is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court also ruled that it IS constitutional to keep and bear arms.

So he postulates that you come home one day to see a man raping your 8 year old daughter. You take out your gun and shoot him...killing him. Now what?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

I believe they call it a 'make good call'...like in pro sports when the ref gives a bad call, and then makes another call to even it out.

It's kind of like that...the gov't won't kill 'em for us, but that's why we have guns, right?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Down here in Texas we call that "Takin care of Bidness".....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

What does the sentencing of a convicted criminal have to do with an individual's right to self-defense/defense of others? A good shoot is a good shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post

The Supreme Court just ruled that executing a child rapist is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court also ruled that it IS constitutional to keep and bear arms.

So he postulates that you come home one day to see a man raping your 8 year old daughter. You take out your gun and shoot him...killing him. Now what?
    That's not the same thing. The Supreme Court ruling was against the Government. Rush's question is about a private party. I understand where he's trying to go but it's not very logical.

The ruling doesn't do anything to affect self-defense, in the example he gave, the defense of your loved one has the same standard in most 'free' states.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I don't know about you guys, but if I catch someone doing that...I'm making them as dead as I possibly can...laws be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    That's not the same thing. The Supreme Court ruling was against the Government. Rush's question is about a private party. I understand where he's trying to go but it's not very logical.

The ruling doesn't do anything to affect self-defense, in the example he gave, the defense of your loved one has the same standard in most 'free' states.
    +1

Action taken to prevent or limit injury during the commission of a crime is much different than punitive action taken months after the crime was committed. Personally though, I think they should fry 'em for raping a child.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Saying the state can't execute a child rapist (which I disagree with) and defending loved ones is two completely different things. The state can't execute for armed robbery either, but if someone breaks into your house and is armed you can defend your life.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post

++1

Rush is a dimwit.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post

Time to feed the hogs....

Rush is a dimwit.

Probably worse than that, maybe into moronic territory.

Originally Posted by exactlymypoint

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Time to feed the hogs....
    Agreed. Rush is a dimwit.

Rob72's comment, on the other hand, is BRILLIANT!!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member

YUP

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Agreed. Rush is a dimwit.

Rob72's comment, on the other hand, is BRILLIANT!!
    YUP--But before feeding the hogs you have call 911, go through the motions of rendering assistance, and call your lawyer. Then shut up and go feed the hogs.

My grandchild? My home? That crime?

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If anyone did that to my kid, the state wouldn't have to worry about punishing them, if I could get to them first.

They should kill all child molestors IMO.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links