Defensive Carry banner

ALEC Adopts "Campus Personal Protection Act!"

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Bando 
#1 ·
Friday, June 27, 2008

The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is an organization comprised of public and private sector members (largely made up of state legislators and corporate/association government affairs representatives) from all 50 states that share common support for free market principles and individual liberties.

On Monday, June 23 the model for "Campus Personal Protection Act,” previously discussed in May at ALEC’s Spring Task Force Summit, was officially adopted as model legislation. Brought forth by NRA-ILA, the act calls for the repeal of state restrictions on the possession of firearms by valid concealed handgun licensees on college and university campuses and preempts governing bodies of postsecondary educational institutions from imposing such restrictions on permit holders.

#2 ·
This is Federal legislation?? It makes me wary but man its hard not to get excited about things like this. I followed the one here in AZ pretty closely.

#3 ·
This is Federal legislation?? It makes me wary but man its hard not to get excited about things like this. I followed the one here in AZ pretty closely.
I'm pretty certain this a "think tank," and given its description in OP, a relatively conservative one. I doubt there will be a rush to enact their proposals, but I could be wrong....

#5 ·
Not in college, are you? To those of us that are and are forcibly disarmed on campus - these items are a huge deal for us. Every small victory counts.

#8 ·
Then I really don't understand how you can't at least show some interest in it. The model legislation they are talking about, in conjunction with the NRA, could be something well worth considering as more then a whimsical ho-hum. This is the same kind of tactic the antis have been using against us for years with their microstamping BS. Its a model to be presented to each state where the atmosphere may be ripe for it. Considering Utah and Colorado already have similar bills enacted, I think they have a good chance (better than most) here in Arizona. But hey.. just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.