San Francisco gun ban

This is a discussion on San Francisco gun ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, the people of San Francisco have succombed to the gun control lie in a big way! After the third attempt of such a proposition ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco gun ban

Ban Francisco

Well, the people of San Francisco have succombed to the gun control lie in a big way! After the third attempt of such a proposition they voted in favor of giving up their 2nd ammendment rights.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...G9RFKD1C82.DTL

This quote from the article kills me -
    "San Francisco voters are smart and believe in sensible gun control," said Supervisor Chris Daly

So, to this guy, having to turn in your handguns is "sensible"

Sad
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."
    -- Trooper. M. Padgett

"A weapon is a device for making your enemy change his mind."
    -- Aral Vorkosigan

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Don't kid yourself. If Daly has a gun, he's not going to have to turn it in.

Neither will Feinstein. Laws like these are for the masses, not the Liberal Elite.

Matt

My sympathies to all gun owners in San Fran. I hope this is overturned, I understand the appeal is already in process.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

A sad day in San Francisco

It's a sad day for gun owners in San Francisco. Voters passed a resolution banning not only the sale, but the keeping of handguns (that includes your own home or business) in the city of San Francisco yesterday. That means law abiding citizens will no longer be able to own a handgun for home protection or recreational shooting unless it's kept outside the city limits. I guess they didn't learn anything from the disaster that recently happened in New Orleans and being prone to their own natural disaster (earthquakes), New Orleans should have been a preview of what to expect when the next "big one" hits the city by the bay. Of course, the bad guys won't pay any attention to the new law and you will still be able to go across the bridge to Oakland or down towards San Jose for those who really want to get a handgun and you want to ignore the law. Oh well, California dreamin'...
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I can imagine that the crooks and BG's are all having a big party about now.

VIP Member
    (I'm merging these two duplicate threads.)
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

Thumbs up Super Mod Super Merge

see bellow
    NRA to File Lawsuit Challenging
    San Francisco Gun Ban

Fairfax, VA - Even with opposition from San Francisco law enforcement and major media outlets, Proposition H -- a measure banning the lawful possession, sale and manufacture of handguns and ammunition within city limits -- passed yesterday. The National Rifle Association (NRA) will file a lawsuit challenging this severe gun ban.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre stated, “We are disappointed, but this fight is just beginning. Lawful residents of San Francisco are being stripped of their freedom because of an illegal measure that defies common sense. We will fight this outrageous assault on the rights of law-abiding San Franciscans and I believe that we will prevail.”

Many San Francisco residents who initially supported the ban changed their opinion after NRA and local volunteers began voter education efforts throughout the city. The campaign received an additional boost when the San Francisco Police Officers Association condemned the gun ban, declaring it would "nullify the personal choice of city residents to lawfully possess a handgun for self-defense purposes.” Major San Francisco newspapers also voiced opposition to Proposition H.

In response to the passage of this proposition, NRA will lead a coalition of organizations to immediately file a lawsuit against this illegal ban in San Francisco. Proposition H, in addition to violating federal guarantees, also violates various California state laws and is therefore preempted.

Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist, concluded, “This is a hollow victory for the gun control lobby because this scheme is in clear violation of California law. We will file suit and fight this to the highest courts in the country until good sense prevails once again in San Francisco.”
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Sad, sad day for those good people. I hope the good ones all move, property values drop like a rock and crime skyrockets. It won't happen but it would serve them right.
    In HIS Service
    Scott F

Lead Moderator
    too bad SF doesn't have a clue. And the govt. officials will still have their layered defense of security.

Assistant Administrator
    the keeping of handguns (that includes your own home or business)
    That is outragious and so totally anti 2A it is hard to believe this is happening in the US of A.

Some restrictions that have come about are bad but this, well - how much more unconstitutional can you get!!

I just hope appeal will flatten this and sense be seen.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

If this doesn't get overturned, SF will get a clue when crime skyrockets.
    All gun owners should boycott SF and any thing that comes from there.
    To bad that all gun owners there couldn't just up and move en-mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J
    see bellow
    First, the above quote is a malapropism of exquisite timing and thunderous appropriateness.

Second...it should be seriously considered that with this vote San Francisco has effectively seceded from America.
    Since most of California will probably treat this with calm acceptance, it would probably be advisable for Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and Mexico to revise their border protection strategies.

VIP Member
    I've been trying not to read about this topic and drown out the news reports by sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling NANANANANANANANANANA because it makes me so doggone mad to think about it.

I really don't think San Francisco will learn a thing when the crime skyrockets. They'll just ban steak knives and baseball bats and try the touchy-feely approach in dealing with criminals by giving them teddy bears and lollipops and digging into their childhoods to learn if their mommies didn't love them enough.

But hey, banning all the guns made them feel good, so crime must disappear.... at least in their tiny little pinheads it will. Have fun sleeping with the windows open and doors unlocked.

That's all I'm going to say or I'll have to ban myself.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I've got to come back to this for a minute.

I don't know what percentage of eligible voters cast a vote in this election, but the gun ban passed by a fairly narrow margin.

Stereotypes and perceptions from far away aside, this is a city in America, populated by to some percentage or other normal Americans...choose your own numbers to fill in the blanks.

My feeling...without any research to back it up...is that SF is a city that is more in the control of politicians and bureaucrats than is the average city.

So while my first reaction, as evidenced by my earlier post, is to say 'enjoy the misery you have invited', a bit of reflection changes my perspective...I'm sure the reasonable and rational residents of SF and California in general don't need or appreciate my pity for their circumstances but there it is...it's all I can offer them at the moment.

As I searched through the long list of propositions in this election I had another thought...
    Long ago I had the idea that the perfect democracy would be one in which everyone voted on everything, from their home, online.
    It would eliminate the need for politicians, and we'd only need the bureaucrats.
    (I suspect I got the original idea from the movie Zardoz)

But after seeing the incredible and almost endless list of things in this election I have to reconsider that idea.

Oh...check out the malapropism just waiting to happen at the very bottom of the list!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links