$15 Million NRA Anti-Obama Pledge: EDITED

This is a discussion on $15 Million NRA Anti-Obama Pledge: EDITED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't have the details but I saw a streaming headline tonight on TV while watching the Yankee game that the NRA was going to ...

Thread: $15 Million NRA Anti-Obama Pledge: EDITED

I don't have the details but I saw a streaming headline tonight on TV while watching the Yankee game that the NRA was going to contribute $15 million to campaign against Obama.

I checked the NRA website and could not validate this.
    Whether true or not may I state that anybody that wants to vote for this guy should punch the eyeballs out of their CWP!

Just found a story on AOL: Top Headlines, Breaking News, U.S., World, Politics, Entertainment and Sports News - AOL News

They are spending $40 Million , but $15 Million is devoted to his eletist, anti 2nd amendment views:

NRA Plans $40M Campaign Blitz, Politico: National Rifle Association Will Seek To Portray Obama As Threat To Second Amendment - CBS News

It is a wise investment. everybody should contact their NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator to see how they can help keep Obama out of office:

NRA-ILA :: Contact Your EVC

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    let's careful guys with this thread because it will get closed quickly.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    let's careful guys with this thread because it will get closed quickly.
    Obama supported a national ban on all semi-automatic handguns, among other elitist anti 2A ideas. Why should members of a defensive carry site not mention things like that in a public forum?

FOXNews.com - John Lott: Reaction to D.C. Gun Ban Decision - Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by kimberland View Post
    Obama supported a national ban on all semi-automatic handguns, among other elitist anti 2A ideas. Why should members of a defensive carry site not mention things like that in a public forum?

FOXNews.com - John Lott: Reaction to D.C. Gun Ban Decision - Opinion

Because at times it's easy to get off topic(any thing political should only be discussed if it is dealing with the 2nd Amendment). I was told awhile back to keep everything peaceful, because when it comes to politics some people get sensitive.

No problems though, I was just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    Because at times it's easy to get off topic(any thing political should only be discussed if it is dealing with the 2nd Amendment). I was told awhile back to keep everything peaceful, because when it comes to politics some people get sensitive.

No problems though, I was just saying.

I gotcha. We will keep it directed at second amendment issues. Here is a zinger where he told John Lott that I dont believe that people should be able to own guns.

FOXNews.com - Obama and Guns: Two Different Views - Opinion

I have many of these anicdotes. Anyone want more? Feel free to contribute your own. I'll stop by later.

Here is a zinger where he told John Lott that I dont believe that people should be able to own guns.
    Crap. I figured he believed that, but I hadn't seen it in print.

There goes my budget for the rest of the year.

I gotcha. We will keep it directed at second amendment issues. Here is a zinger where he told John Lott that I dont believe that people should be able to own guns.

FOXNews.com - Obama and Guns: Two Different Views - Opinion

I have many of these anicdotes. Anyone want more? Feel free to contribute your own. I'll stop by later.
    Hearing those words makes me furious, I still wondering how this guy is to change something that the fore-father of this countries put into place over 200 years ago

McCain's previously said he's open to an "assault weapons ban," and the NRA has a board member saying civilians shouldn't have weapons with more than 5 rounds capacity.

YouTube - NRA board member Joaquin Jackson, the enemy with in
    Last edited by JD; July 2nd, 2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Removed OT content, quoting a delted post.

WOW! That guy has to go. Gun grabbers are infaltrating the NRA

Ironically, the McCain-Feingold "Incumbent Protection Act" (which was crafted specifically to silence groups like the NRA) will prevent the NRA from running any of these ads (which would support McCain) within 60 days of the election. Talk about being hung with your own rope!

Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

JD
    Administrator
    10 posts have been removed and a couple have been edited.

A word to all, stop derailing member's threads with non-2A political garbage, you know it will get threads closed, and that's just rude.

Anyone wanting to discuss their deleted posts, feel fee to PM me.

I think everybody has a pretty good idea on where the candidates stand on firearms ownership including ownership for self defense.Most of the statements being presented have been brought up before.I wish we actually had a candidate that would say I think we should make it easier for law abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves from the scum that would prey on them and their loved ones,also make it mandatory for kids to be taught gun safety in the schools from an early age,and use the anti's statement I'ts for the childrens sake to promote the program.The problem in our country isn't guns it's drugs and the problems the drug trade creates,until the government shuts down the drug trade we will never get a handle on the other crimes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

**Content removed by moderator, see post 12**

As far as the NRA's work on 2A issues, my hat is off to them and all their hard work on our behalf.......
    Last edited by JD; July 2nd, 2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Removed non 2A related politics.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Links