Disney fires back on guns at work-Part 2

This is a discussion on Disney fires back on guns at work-Part 2 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are these politicians so criminally stupid as to not understand their own legislation gave Disney a pass or is it more likely that they will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney fires back on guns at work-Part 2

Are these politicians so criminally stupid as to not understand their own legislation gave Disney a pass or is it more likely that they will be receiving donations to their campaigns from The Mouse?

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    You know just a thought......What does explosives have to do with guns. I mean come on!!!!! What does disney have stockpiles of Tannerite right in wharehouses next to the parking lots!!! Even that doesn't matter because I'm pretty sure ccw holders don't walk around shooting into buildings that may be loaded with explosives.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Poll

Here's a poll on Channel 9 "news". About 70 to 30 so far.

Disney Says It's Exempt From New Law Allowing Guns At Work - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Here's a poll on Channel 9 "news". About 70 to 30 so far.

Disney Says It's Exempt From New Law Allowing Guns At Work - News Story - WFTV Orlando
    Hit it hard guys....... 74%/26% now.

SeaWorld Orlando takes an entirely different approach: That company supports the rights of its employees or visitors to transport legal firearms in their cars, "and we have for some time," spokeswoman Becca Bides said.
    Seaworld here I come. Disney has to change it's wicked ways.
    NRA Member

Just went to Disney "contact us" on their site and sent them this.....

Disney, which has 60,000 employees and a long-standing policy against allowing guns on its land, cites an arcane -- and late-added -- loophole in the new law, which took effect Tuesday. You can count on my family and I to NOT be coming to your parks anytime soon with that policy in place!!! I was planning a trip with my wife and three kids but I have decided to take my business to Sea World where they support the 2nd amendment!!Sea World Orlando takes an entirely different approach: That company supports the rights of its employees or visitors to transport legal firearms in their cars, "and we have for some time," spokeswoman Becca Bides said. Your company makes me sick that you have denied people the right to self defense!!

I know it will not do any good but what the hey!!

I also voted on the other site like 5 times
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I am afraid ole Walt would simply roll over. But then again that the way that company has been moving for years, so no shock.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

VIP Member
    Voted Yes in poll. Current results:

The NRA is taking aim at Disney. A new law just went on the books in Florida that says people are allowed to bring their guns to work, but it's not the case at Central Florida's largest employer. Do you think Disney employees should be allowed to bring guns to work?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 1386 Votes
    Yes 1031 74%
    No 355 26%
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    You know just a thought......What does explosives have to do with guns. I mean come on!!!!! What does disney have stockpiles of Tannerite right in wharehouses next to the parking lots!!! Even that doesn't matter because I'm pretty sure ccw holders don't walk around shooting into buildings that may be loaded with explosives.
    Often, when you see a law passed with exceptions, there's some sort of sham going on. Usually, it's to protect business interests, and there's usually some type of plausability besides that. I don't really see it in this case, either. Can anyone explain? What did the "lobbyists" say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links