Celebrate The 4th

Celebrate The 4th

This is a discussion on Celebrate The 4th within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Celebrate The 4th by wearing a Pro-2A shirt to your event....

VIP Member

Celebrate The 4th

Celebrate The 4th by wearing a Pro-2A shirt to your event.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Celebrate the Fourth by remembering the sacrifices of our ancestors.

We always speak of the Founders of this great nation, Washington, Adams, Madison, Hamilton, Jay and the other true patriots. But the ordinary citizens, the militia, are the true heroes of the Revolution. Against impossible odds, these brave men suffered immeasurable hardship, injury, and death to secure this most treasured nation.

To use this memorial, this celebration, for a political lobby is misdirected.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Celebrate the Fourth by remembering the sacrifices of our ancestors.

To use this memorial, this celebration, for a political lobby is misdirected.
    As always YMMV -- but to me the 4th is a celebration of our independence -- and by extension our freedoms and rights. It should be a glorious celebration, a joyous time. A day of bonfires (or fireworks) and partying.

OTOH -- Memorial Day & Veterans Day should be the days to focus on remembering the sacrifices of others who bought and preserved those freedoms and rights. A day of tribute and remembering -- not the fun beginning of summer party so many make Memorial Day into.

But that's why we make chocolate and vanilla ice-cream for the party on the 4th.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    As always YMMV -- but to me the 4th is a celebration of our independence -- and by extension our freedoms and rights. It should be a glorious celebration, a joyous time. A day of bonfires (or fireworks) and partying.

OTOH -- Memorial Day & Veterans Day should be the days to focus on remembering the sacrifices of others who bought and preserved those freedoms and rights. A day of tribute and remembering -- not the fun beginning of summer party so many make Memorial Day into.

But that's why we make chocolate and vanilla ice-cream for the party on the 4th.

+1
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

VIP Member
    Celebrate our independance, Remember those who are fighting ( with guns ) for our freedom......
    Shoot some firearms....

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Celebrate our independance, Remember those who are fighting ( with guns ) for our freedom......
    Shoot some firearms....
    Yup the Wife and I will be with 120 friends (from another forum), blasting away an ungodly amount of lead downrange. Then we all get to enjoy a BBQ . . . all this while also supporting our state pro-gun org (part of the range fee goes to them).

I got a roll of 32,000 firecrackers, for our starter. I guess they will supposedly shoot off for about 1 hour once lit. A reminder of all the shots fired to gain our Independence.

There is a certain religious celebration where at dinner it is traditional to ask the question 'Why is this one night different from all others'. Maybe on the 4th of July, we should remember why this nation is different from all others.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The Reason We Celebrate The Fourth Of July
    By Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
    Last edited: Wednesday, June 19, 2002
    Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2002

The *real* reason we celebrate America. It's not the food, the parades, or the fireworks.
    Cities and towns all over America have their own unique ways of celebrating the Fourth of July. Families and friends get together and have picnics; they watch parades and hear patriotic speeches; listen to patriotic music; see displays of the flag and watch big ships in the harbor (if they live near the coast), play games, hold family reunions and participate in special contests, and at the end of a long, fun day, watch fireworks explode from one end of the sky to the other.

But...do you know the real reason behind all of the celebration? It isn't about the food or fireworks (although that's a tradition on the Fourth).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    July 4th, 1776.

The colonists of the original thirteen colonies are weary, bone weary. They've been under the subjugation of Britain for years. They have to live in fear of the British soldiers; they are under the rule of King George III. They have to abide by laws that have been enacted (which are blatently unfair to them), and have to pay taxes; the British seem to be getting richer, while they are getting poorer.

They've decided to do something about it.

This is the day that they adopt the Declaration of Independence, which will allow them to finally break from the rule of Britain, and will allow them to have their own government.

The colonists are tired of the British, and they decide they are not going to be pushed around any more.

This Declaration states that a government should be run by the wishes of the people and for the people. If this doesn't happen, the people have the right to revolt. This means FREEDOM for the United States of America and its citizens.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the main reason we celebrate the Fourth of July--FREEDOM.

We are free to live our lives the way we choose.

We are free to celebrate in the way we see fit.

We are free to believe the way we want to.

We are free to come and go.

We are free to say what we want, without fear of repercussion.

We are free to spend our money the way we want. (Although we still pay taxes!)

Thank God for our freedoms. They are not to be taken lightly.

Although we are free, let's not intrude on other's freedoms, and be respectful of others.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Just returned from our "celebration", a group of New Englanders shooting at a local club.

Here are a few pictures of the first group of shooters (there were 4 groups, totaling ~106 shooters).

Links