Security Guard Plans To Challenge Disney By Bringing Gun To Work ?

This is a discussion on Security Guard Plans To Challenge Disney By Bringing Gun To Work ? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 91%/9%. Guess what, though? The Giant Rat doesn't care what we think..........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Security Guard Plans To Challenge Disney By Bringing Gun To Work ?

91%/9%.

Guess what, though? The Giant Rat doesn't care what we think.......

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Guess what, though? The Giant Rat doesn't care what we think.......
    Actually, the corporate rats might -- if they are contacted by enough pro-rights potential customers who say they and their families will boycott Disney parks and products so long as the corporation discriminates against those who exercise their rights.

The real influence might be with Disney's subsidiaries, like ABC. Don't write only to ABC -- write to their advertisers and tell them why you aren't watching that network any longer.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Inspector Gadget Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    July 5th, 2008 at 8:54 am
    From WFTV Channel 9 Orlando
    “Security Guard Plans To Challenge Disney By Bringing Gun To Work”

This violates the US Constitutions right to Self Defense, Florida Constitutions Right to self defense and specifically Edwin Sotomayer’s right to defend himself IAW Heller during his commute to and from work. This is not about having a Gun at your desk “Guns to Work”, it is about having a way to defend yourself when you go home at 2 in the morning in a high crime area.

My question is will you (ACLU Lawyers) be defending his right to self defense under the BOR or will you be defending Disney. I see 1 of three things happening:

1. You defend Disney and the Gun Banning Groups. (Expected)

2. Remain silent and not Defend in court a man that wants a way to defend himself from criminals during his work commute through a high crime area. (Possible).

3. ACLU Vigorously and Publically defends Edwin Sotomayer’s right to self defense (Unlikely, even with both Heller and Warren (Warren v DC 1981 which concludes that no individual has a right to individual protection by the police.))

? Do you stand for the Bill Of Rights or do you stand for Left Wing Anti Gun agendas ?

I posted this question to the ACLU I am curious how people react there?

I also posted this under the ACLU Blog thread. I an not sure if posting twice in 2 seperate relevant threads is considered OK or not. If so could a moderator let me know and I will not do it again?
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

VIP Member
    Easy. Take away Disney's fireworks license and off to work they can go.

The whole Disney attitude bothers me. They seem to think they are above the law and that their faithful workers are just peons. They do not need my family's business.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

This is not Disney's biggest problem. I think they will start feeling the crunch of losing business from the general public. For example, it would cost a family of four about $2,000 just to fly there, not to mention their exhorbitant admission, lodging, and food prices.

I think if our economy keeps deteriorating like this, most theme parks will start to have major financial problems.

BTW, voted:

Yes 6709 92%
    No 554 8%
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Yea 6762 92%
    Nay 555 8%

That's pretty!

A Disney Boycott would hit them where it hurts or better a language they understand Nationwide Gun Owners Disney Boyott.

Voted. 93% yes
    7% no
    To add some information about the search of his vehicle, the new law also states that employers may not search employees' vehicles for a weapon. Searches may only be conducted by LEOs and I think even they still need probable cause to do so.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    I am thinking this may be a great RKBA case for SCOTUS to hear BEAR and incorporate into the 14th.

Of course the ACLU would be there leading the charge to protect the Bill of Rights
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

My understanding is that after the refusal to search he went on to his post and then was suspended a few hours later. Now during those few hours I am sure the rat lawyers were busy researching their position and then came to a decision. It really doesn't say why he was suspended and doesn't say if he was fired. Was he suspended with pay? There is a lot of unknowns in this case as far as the public but I am sure the rat lawyers know the details. It is going to be interesting and unless someone with money steps up this will never make it to trial. Back in about 1776 a group challenged the establishment and suceeded. A few years later in about 1860 another group tried the same thing and failed. When you challenge the law just make sure that if you don't suceed you are willing to pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by dang.45 View Post
    He should have let them search, assuming he is trying to challenge Disney's specific claim that he can't have a gun secured in his private vehicle. I presume, as others have, that there is language in his employment contract allowing them to search at their discretion, and that refusal to allow such searches is itself grounds for suspension or dismissal. So now he has been suspended for refusal to grant the search, which he has already either implicitly or explicitly said they have the right to do (by signing whatever forms are required to work there).

To be able to challenge their stance against weapons in employee's private vehicles, he has to be disciplined for having a weapon in his vehicle. I could be wrong, but that is what makes sense to me. He screwed up, and may not get the chance to actually make his challenge. Too bad...
    I voted,
    Yes 8203 93%
    No 575 7%
    But I also noted you can vote more than one time, so not much of a poll.

I believe Dang.45 hit the nail right on the head. If he really wanted to challenge this, he should have let them search his vehicle and let them find a very secure safe attached to the frame of his vehicle.

For him to refuse the search is probably grounds for dismissal...you know, we want to keep our parks drug free and all, and if the employees will not let Disney search a vehicle then we just do not know what he may be hiding.

He either got some really bad advice from somebody or he's just an idiot on his own. While this is the right time to be bringing suits into the justice system, it is not the right time to bring weak suits. They need to be prepared. They need to be tailored. They need to be documented, thoroughly. I hope this guy has no grounds to fight his suspension, because from what it sounds like, it's a losing case, and Disney doesn't even have to bring up the word 'gun' to make it stick.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I voted,

He either got some really bad advice from somebody or he's just an idiot on his own. While this is the right time to be bringing suits into the justice system, it is not the right time to bring weak suits.
    I vote for the latter option of being an idiot on his own and agree with your asessment totally. I may be wrong but I think he has a very weak case the way he has handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    Well, I think we all saw that one coming.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links