Good Question

Good Question

This is a discussion on Good Question within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal received the NRA's Harlon B. Carter Award for service to the Second Amendment. When he was a congressman, Jindal helped to ...

Thread: Good Question

Good Question

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal received the NRA's Harlon B. Carter Award for service to the Second Amendment. When he was a congressman, Jindal helped to craft legislation that prohibits local officials from confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens in times of national emergency.

"Usually, when you pass a law, you want to celebrate. But I didn't," he said during his acceptance speech.

"How in the world did we get to the point where we have to pass a law to protect our rights?"
    I suggest that if you can find in your inner self the will to inflict violence on someone who is trying to victimize you, and can back up that iron will with all the force that you can muster, you will most likely be successful.

He is a much better Gov. than the last one they had. That is a great question though.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I think it was in response to the Katrina fiasco, where Ray Nagin had registered guns seized.
    I guess when you have mayors that will do this kind of thing, its nice to add a law protecting that right, even if seems redundant. Just look at places like DC, where apparently they'll say the second amendment doesn't apply
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

yes, I am much happier he is the govenor in my state !!!! I don't live in the new orleans or southern part of the state but read about the cases of legally armed citizens being disarmed.

Sponsored Links