Florida toilet paper co. prohibits guns

This is a discussion on Florida toilet paper co. prohibits guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My apologies if already posted. Follow this link for the story on Georgia-Pacific's prohibition of guns in vehicles parked on company property. Wipeout: Toilet paper ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida toilet paper co. prohibits guns

Florida toilet paper co. prohibits guns

My apologies if already posted. Follow this link for the story on Georgia-Pacific's prohibition of guns in vehicles parked on company property.

Wipeout: Toilet paper giant flushes gun-freedom law
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Great, now I have to boycot butt-wipe

That's good stuff right there. I wish the employers would just close off their parking lots and make people pay for parking elsewhere. Since that is their next step, I wish they would just go ahead and get it over with.

That way the NRA can get exactly what they want. It will allow gunowners to keep whatever they want in their vehicle...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    That's good stuff right there. I wish the employers would just close off their parking lots and make people pay for parking elsewhere. Since that is their next step, I wish they would just go ahead and get it over with.

That way the NRA can get exactly what they want. It will allow gunowners to keep whatever they want in their vehicle...
    Ain't that the truth. Talk about unintended consequences looming on the horizon.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    This stuff, making employees pay for parking, has been going on at practically every University in the country for decades. Even the lowest paid day-labor and kitchen help are compelled to shell out big bucks for the the opportunity to compete for too few spaces, too far from their work place. And of course can't (depending on the state) keep a firearm in their car.

Not that these institutions treat their customers (the students) any better.

That is the nature of modern American business. Rip off customer, stock holder, sub-contractors, pensioners, and the government for all you can. Put your CEO and top guys in the biggest mansions; and let the company go to H.
    Then wait for a takeover/buyout and build a bigger mansion.

Think carefully about who you are going to vote for. There is more in life than 2A.

"Georgia-Pacific cited a Homeland Security exemption from a statute authorizing workers with concealed-weapons permits to have guns locked in their cars because it says the plant handles large amounts of explosive fuel"

The toilet paper plant ............"explosive stuff"

No guns here and we got the paperwork that says so!

I can't wait to see the court papers on this. I find much humor in this, but.............'they're' gonna do all they can to deny all of us what has been fought for so hard, our RIGHTS!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Talk about unintended consequences looming on the horizon.
    I agree. If employers close their parking lots and increase the cost to the employee by making them park elsewhere, the unintended consequences may very well be employees going to work for someone else. Tough to run a business without anyone to do the work........
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

No guns in our toilet paper factory! That's final! No if's, and's or butts!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

They must be afraid of their workers getting "wiped out"....

or perhaps the shooters would not leave "skid marks" as they flee the scene of the crime.

Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I knew this thread was going to degrade quickly... it's like getting rear-ended.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Maybe they are worried their paper won't hold up to #2 shot

the anti's are definitely on a 'roll'!!!!
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I wonder what percentage of employees in this country actually get free parking from their employers? I know there are many in New York that would love to get free parking and at one company I worked for it was always a complaint that the employees in the Corporate office had to pay for parking while those in the outlying offices didn't.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Come on guys. Stop it or the moderator is going to flush this whole thread.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

there is a little too much potty talk in this thread, or should i say toilet humor...

i am trying to stall the moderator from canning the thread.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links