The Anti's new approach: No Bullets, No Shooting... - Page 2

The Anti's new approach: No Bullets, No Shooting...

This is a discussion on The Anti's new approach: No Bullets, No Shooting... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CA did pass the microstamping legislation but I understand that there are a number of problems with the law that will effectively neuter it. One ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CA did pass the microstamping legislation but I understand that there are a number of problems with the law that will effectively neuter it. One big item is that the technology is to be available to at least two suppliers and the patent is to be available "unencumbered" (meaning "no royalties or licensing fees.") Plus the holder of the patent may have serious issues with the patent itself since elements he has included in his patent claim have already been patented by others in the computer industry.

not to mention that micro-stamping can be evaded multiple ways...it's not fool proof and any perp with a file and/or access to a range where people leave brass to get around it. But, let's hand it to govt. to come up with something else that won't work, but will cost us (or Kommiefornians) dearly.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    not to mention that micro-stamping can be evaded multiple ways...it's not fool proof and any perp with a file and/or access to a range where people leave brass to get around it. But, let's hand it to govt. to come up with something else that won't work, but will cost us (or Kommiefornians) dearly.
    But the law specifies that "altering" or otherwise rendering the microstamping non-functional would be a felony. Of course if the MS hardware fails on its own or just wears out, I can't see that being the owner's fault. Still, this law puts the burden on the law-abiding and that just ain't right!

But please, quit referring to all Californians in derogatory terms. I sure as hell didn't vote for any of the idiots who have proven so anti-2A. I personally don't appreciate being put into that category. It's not fair or appropriate.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I don't have any ammo, so this won't affect me:-)
    I don't got no guns neither, so I know I don't have any ammo and thusly won't effect me also.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    But the law specifies that "altering" or otherwise rendering the microstamping non-functional would be a felony. Of course if the MS hardware fails on its own or just wears out, I can't see that being the owner's fault. Still, this law puts the burden on the law-abiding and that just ain't right!

But please, quit referring to all Californians in derogatory terms. I sure as hell didn't vote for any of the idiots who have proven so anti-2A. I personally don't appreciate being put into that category. It's not fair or appropriate.
    i'm sorry. my apologies...why not come to Nevada, we need more people like you here

since when do felons care about something being a felony?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    i'm sorry. my apologies...why not come to Nevada, we need more people like you here ?
    Thanks. I know it's easy to get caught up in the moment.

Moving permanently to NV or another gun-friendly state is definitely a topic that's come up. And I do have clients in Vegas for the frequent trips. But for now, my job and life are such that I'm forced to live in San Diego. Anyone have any suggestions on a location that has anything like SD's weather and clean air???

For the time being, I'm doing what I can to change the political climate here. Consider that those states with the worst gun laws are now the ones most prone to getting changed radically. One can hope...

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Yes it did actually. Huge increase in governmental power as well as making the Kennedys rich which in turn helped fund their governmental successes.

Prohibition wasn't anymore about the booze, then gun control is about the guns.
    Well said.

-B

Thanks. I know it's easy to get caught up in the moment.

Moving permanently to NV or another gun-friendly state is definitely a topic that's come up. And I do have clients in Vegas for the frequent trips. But for now, my job and life are such that I'm forced to live in San Diego. Anyone have any suggestions on a location that has anything like SD's weather and clean air???

For the time being, I'm doing what I can to change the political climate here. Consider that those states with the worst gun laws are now the ones most prone to getting changed radically. One can hope...
    San Diego is nice. my brother and bro-in-law used to be stationed camp pendleton. that whole area is nice - i used to frequent there. San Diego is a rather conservative i've heard - it sux that the rest of cali screws it up for you.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I agree not all of us Californians are that way. I may live in Utah now but still proud of being a native Californian. People would be surprised at how many in Cali are gun owners. Most of this anti-gun thinking is from folks that have moved in from the east and brought there liberal ideas with them , not us natives. Just look at the Speaker of the House, she is from New Jersey.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

These are all good ole' back door bans. Just like gun bans in DC and other cities, they will have the opposite effect of what they say it will. Since the vast majority of states will have nothing to do with this microstamping garbage, they'll become the scapegoats for "illegal ammunition," just like they are now for sending,"illegal guns," there.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

these people need to spend there energy on a new topic. how about they do something so people dont need to defend themselves thenthey canmake headlines about how dumb we are that we carry a gun everyday and never have to use it, instead of trying to make everyone MORE valnerable. This country scares me...

Maryland's bill never even made it out of committee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links