Gun Myths

Gun Myths

This is a discussion on Gun Myths within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know alot of you have seen this but I am cleaning out some of my videos today and thought I would post this for ...

Thread: Gun Myths

DC Founder

Gun Myths

I know alot of you have seen this but I am cleaning out some of my videos today and thought I would post this for those of you that haven't seen it. Gun myths
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Have not seen that one, Thanks. Knowing that the people walking down the street next to me may be legally armed makes me feel safer not scared and i look forward to being one of them hopefully within the next week.

How did anything that level headed and factual get on a TV news show?

Assistant Administrator
    Actually Randy - tho it was one I'd seen - it was well worth a rerun - and far as I am concerned it shows some inescapable logic.

But then we utilize logic instead of gut emotion.

Al Sharpton - ''state of terror'' - yeah right - ''rivers of blood too huh?"

Be good to have more of this sort of exposure anytime - get some sense into some heads - just perhaps.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    I thought it would be a good reference even though I had seen it a number of times before. It might also be useful to send the link to those that just don't understand why they might need a gun....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    How did anything that level headed and factual get on a TV news show?
    I echo your comment Euc.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Yeah, see it's not really a "pro gun" piece at all! It's just a direct side to side comparison.

Here we see what the Brady Bunch has to say.

But here is what the data we have tells us and it doesn't agree with the Brady Bunch. In fact it seems to contradict them.

That's the whole thing in a nutshell. Nowhere in the piece do they say who is right or wrong, nowhere do they say you should or should not have a gun. They just show what some people say and what some people experienced. It's all factual.

Of course the right side wins when you compare it logically like that, but I didn't see that as the intention of the reporter. He's just saying "Look people what you're being told doesn't add up..."

Like I said it blows my mind. It's a neutral segment based on facts. I reitireate, how did this ever get on television?

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I love that piece, I wonder if it actually echoes the reporters feelings or not. If so, he would be a great spokesman for a gun rights organization.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

You have to give John Stossel credit. He managed to make guns look good, in spite of ABC.

Well that's just it. I don't think he makes them look good at all. I think he just shows a bunch of objective facts. So and so said this, this law is in effect, this happened, etc. It lacks propaganda style elements, such as appeals to emotion.

ABCNews 'fair and balanced'? You gotta be kidding me.

This one balanced, not really pro, report on defensive gun use hardly counters the hundreds of anti freedom position pieces they air anually.

Not a bad report, but it hardly makes up for the damage they've done. I won't be watching ABC News any time soon.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Awesome, I can't believe I missed that one. Moreover, the BG said that he is more afraid of running up on an armed citizen than the police. Once again great article.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff
    ABCNews 'fair and balanced'? You gotta be kidding me.

This one balanced, not really pro, report on defensive gun use hardly counters the hundreds of anti freedom position pieces they air anually.

Not a bad report, but it hardly makes up for the damage they've done. I won't be watching ABC News any time soon.
    I don't believe I said ABC News was fair and balanced. I said something favorable about John Stossel, who does have a record of being PRO-2nd Amendment. IN SPITE of ABCNews.

Links