Ultimate Fighter Heavyweight Champ Frank Mirs' pro-gun interview

Ultimate Fighter Heavyweight Champ Frank Mirs' pro-gun interview

This is a discussion on Ultimate Fighter Heavyweight Champ Frank Mirs' pro-gun interview within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This highly-trained, musclehead of a fighter sounds surprisingly intelligent. I just saw him defeat a gigantic WWE guy who's crossing over to MMA, and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fighter Heavyweight Champ Frank Mirs' pro-gun interview

Thumbs up Ultimate Fighter Heavyweight Champ Frank Mirs' pro-gun interview

This highly-trained, musclehead of a fighter sounds surprisingly intelligent. I just saw him defeat a gigantic WWE guy who's crossing over to MMA, and I kinda liked him for that. AFter the interview, He's earned some real props.

Frank Mir talks guns, knives, and martial arts with Joanne - YouTube.com
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I wouldn't know this fella if i saw him . What teewee i watch is either news , history, discovery or sci fi . With that being said apparently the UF stuff is somewhat popular , and any pro gun celeb is a good celeb lol, Ill just take your word he advocates firearms ownership and not bother to read the link .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

LOL Redneck. I never heard of him either until last night, when I caught the mentioned fight. I'm in your camp, ayn pro-gun celeb is OK by me.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I watched the video, and it does seem like a good interview...I don't know who the guy is either. I'm not so sure about his training methods with live ammo, but perhaps he was exaggerating a little.

To me, live fire drills with somebody jumping on my back and kicking me and putting me in a bear hug seems pretty dangerous. YMMV
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

well informed and intelligent...
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    To me, live fire drills with somebody jumping on my back and kicking me and putting me in a bear hug seems pretty dangerous. YMMV
    Well now , lets pause here cause depending on gender , dress , and body type heck it could be foreplay LOL . I do agree that its not a good idea with live fire tho ... ahh NM LOL
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Ya wanta get your heart rate up let your wife take the credit card and go shopping then before you look at the receipt take it to the gun range and just before you shoot look at the receipt,now that there is real life stress training
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He sounded very intelligent and informed. We could use more people with "mike" time like this.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I watched the video, and it does seem like a good interview...I don't know who the guy is either. I'm not so sure about his training methods with live ammo, but perhaps he was exaggerating a little.

Not all of it is live fire, I would think. Either way, the guy's a good advocate for self-defense in general, not just gun ownership. He's alright in my book.

-B

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Frank Mir is a legend in the UFC since its beginnings in the mid '90s.

He has great hand to hand skills.

Any famous proponent for our cause that can speak eloquently and intelligently is good for espousing the pro-gun platform to the public. Frank Mir is not mainstream but he is a star in his field.

VIP Member
    Ya wanta get your heart rate up let your wife take the credit card and go shopping then before you look at the receipt take it to the gun range and just before you shoot look at the receipt,now that there is real life stress training

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I loved watching Mir beat that WWE guy. I was afraid he was gonna lose at first, but great comeback. Glad he's pro-gun as well as an amazing fighter.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Only problem is a lot of people out there think these guys are barbarians, so this won't be a shock when a "barbarian," likes guns.

People don't understand this is a sport, and these guys are athletes, like boxers.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I loved watching Mir beat that WWE guy. I was afraid he was gonna lose at first, but great comeback. Glad he's pro-gun as well as an amazing fighter.
    When I saw Brock Lesnar dropping those hammer fist punches on him, I thought Mir was a goner. Goes to show you that if you can submit a guy, you are always in the fight.

Frank Mir is a former UFC Champion- he's a big name in MMA. People respect him & listen to his perspective. I think this is a plus for us pro-gun folks.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Only problem is a lot of people out there think these guys are barbarians, so this won't be a shock when a "barbarian," likes guns.

People don't understand this is a sport, and these guys are athletes, like boxers.
    That's the funny thing too. A number of them are "smarter than the average bear" so to speak. Mir is just one example. Another would be Rich Franklin(BS in Mathematics and Masters in Secondary Ed and formerly a full time HS math teacher prior to the UFC). They're not all blockheads. We do need more of guys like Mir on our side though as they do carry a following so they get more exposure.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links